Microsoft Home Server

Other OS or NAS discussions
jaak
AV Hardware:Dlink dsm520, dsm320, dell poweredge serveer
Microsoft Home Server

Post by jaak » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Can I use Twonky on Microsoft Windows Home Server?

thanks in advance..

Jaak
2,0 TeraByte Intel Atom 230 server; Popcorn Hour A-110; THX Onkyo TX-SR706 Hitatchi 1080HD;
My HD streaming blog; Dell sülearvutid;

Genkilljoy
AV Hardware:XBOX 360

Re: Microsoft Home Server

Post by Genkilljoy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:41 am

It comes free with WHS PP1 upgrade....Works like a charm.
8)

OLDMUSIC
AV Hardware:WHS (self built)

Post by OLDMUSIC » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:55 pm

Genkilljoy wrote:It comes free with WHS PP1 upgrade....Works like a charm.
8)
Wish It did come with PP1, but it does not.

Looking for a way to install on WHS as an addin.

campbellr66

Post by campbellr66 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Twonky seems to ship a stripped down version with:-

HP Mediasmart home servers - these no longer seem to be available in Europe
Fujitsu Scaleo-E home servers - This is the unit i have. The stripped down version does not allow configuration and works in parallel with the windows media connect instead of replacing it (V.dumb)

The tranquil home servers seem to have dropped the twonky option.

I have read (Cant remember where) that there will be a proper home server version at some point.
Infrant ReadyNAS, TV MediaServer 4.4, TVedia win32 Client 4.2, DSM-320, Pinnacle SC200, Streamium 50i

bigbill38
AV Hardware:Denon 4800 AV Receiver; B&W 803 Speakers; PS3; Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows Vista Ultimate (64 bit); HP Media Smart EX485

Post by bigbill38 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:35 am

I have an EX485 (purchased about a month ago) and am in the process of configuring it. Some have said that the HP/WHS version works like a charm - it does AND it doesn't. :) The HP WHS Twonky add-in within the console is very basic and doesn't allow for advanced configuration.

When testing with Media Manager, I see my folders, some correctly labeled, others not. I'm not sure where this configuration is coming from since I'm sourcing everything to my video share. When testing on my PS3, I see 3 instances of Twonky - 2 regular ones and 1 related to Windows Media Connect. I disabled the WMC service, but still see the instance, and am not sure how I'm getting two instances of Twonky since only one (HP/WHS) is running. I'd love to see cover art of the various movies and music being served; i see it occasionally then I don't. Once again, all jpg and xml files are located in the videos share!

I realize I've posted probably two or three subjects, but thought I'd vent a bit within this forum thread.

Twonky is good, and once I figure out these issues, I'm sure it will be great!

Bill

pinotnoir
AV Hardware:Windows Home Server, D-Link mediaplayer dsm 510 , PS3

Post by pinotnoir » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi,

What is the system requirements for running Twonky on a WHS? And is the problems related to the add in for homemade WHS solved?