Need Install file For Maxtor Shated Storage Plus (twonky 4.4

Other OS or NAS discussions
philo138
AV Hardware:linksys wrt55ag, 2wire 3800hgvb, maxtor shared storage plus running open mss, maxtor one touch 3
Need Install file For Maxtor Shated Storage Plus (twonky 4.4

Post by philo138 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Hi recently i deleted twonky off my drive prior to making some other network changes, and with out knowing that packet video stopped supporting nas drives. I have been able to recover my license key but i no longer have the install file for my nas drive (MSS+) if any one can help ie. has the an old copy of their install file (preferably twonky 4.4.4 or 4.4.6) and can send it to me, it would be greatly appreciated. I tried tech support first and they gave me the blanket answer that these devices were no longer supported.

davyc

Re: Need Install file For Maxtor Shated Storage Plus (twonky 4.4

Post by davyc » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:11 pm

I'd really appreciate a link to this version as well for my Buffalo Linkstation Pro. I can't believe that they are more or less blowing off all the people that bought licenses for use on their NAS's! Ok so you don't wan't to support these anymore but at least continue to link to the previous ARM versions so legitimate paid up users can still download them. It's appalling how this has been handled by Twonky.

mhabing

Re: Need Install file For Maxtor Shated Storage Plus (twonky 4.4

Post by mhabing » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:01 pm

Yes, I share the disappointment! I get an ' Unexpected (' error when starting the mediaserver on my Diskstation 107e (this has an ARM architecture as well). I am very happy with my Twonky 4.4.2, but it is disappointing that I will not be able the upgrade to 4.4.9 or higher...

I am not looking for a support desk (the user forum is fine for me), but I do need an ARM-version of the server!

Hopefully Twonky will keep distributing the the alternative compilations.