scuba
AV Hardware:HP EX475
XBOX360
WMP 11
GO VIDEO D2730
GATEWAY CONNECTED DVD
So Many Problems - Where to Begin?

Post by scuba » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:23 pm

I'm having so many problems I don't know where to begin.

HP Windows Home Server - HP EX475. HP UPdate included PVConnect. At first, when I was in WMP11, the PVConnect on HPServer appeared in the list of available libraries, but when I selected a view for artist or album or song or genre, whatever, the list would begin to build and then the PVConnect on HPServer would drop from the library list and reappear a few seconds later. If I clicked again on Artist, Album, Songs, or whatever, the list would begin to build and then would drop from the Library list and reappear again a few seconds later. Rinse and Repeat... CAn't ever get it stay connected to WMP11 long enough to select a track and play it...

Today, I see PVConnect on HPServer listed and when I select Album, Artist, Song, or Genre, I get "No Files Have Been Found on this remote library"!

However, when I open a browser to 192.168.1.111:9000 and use the webbrowse capability, my whole library is there and works fine...

What have I tried to do? Rebuild the library, rescan the shares, stop and start the server... None of these basic steps have yielded any change...

I've emailed HP support as well... Their answer is to wipeout the HPServer (WHS) and do a factory restore of the server! How about an elephant gun for a mouse hunt. nice...

Any advice I can get here is greatly appreciated...

SCUBA...

Schnitzelbrain
AV Hardware:NSLU2 with Twonky 4.4.6
MP-101 + IPMicro (DNT)
Sony STR-DB840
Controlled via Harmony 880 :-)))))) Radio Streaming with one click. I Love it.

Re: So Many Problems - Where to Begin?

Post by Schnitzelbrain » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:31 am

did u set up the client i.e.wm11 in the twonky settings and stored it with its mac address as a valid client ?