Hints Thecus N5200 Twonkymodule 2.00.14 Twonkyservr 5.0.46

Other OS or NAS discussions
n5200twonky
AV Hardware:Thecus N5200 Twonkymodule 14 by peterfu (http://www.onbeat.dk/thecus/index.ph...e:_TWONKYMEDIA ) TEAC WAP 5000 ;Phillips SL400i; Netgear MP101;TG 100
Hints Thecus N5200 Twonkymodule 2.00.14 Twonkyservr 5.0.46

Post by n5200twonky » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:02 am

Had the Version 2.00.13 installed, and the cpu running at 100% for days
Twonkymedia would not get done scanning.
Under Twonkimediamodule 12 (4.4.9) it used to be finished scanning after 2 Days. 13 worked fine at the beginning, but after a day of scanning neither my Phillips Sl400i nor my Teac Wap 5000 would see the server anymore.
After a restart the same things happened.(did not get a chance to try the Mp101)
Finally after the install of module 14 and a simultaneous login with both devices after trying a sms- style search on the Sl 400i it stopped working altogether.
I could not even disable the module any more.
So I decided to go for a new clean setup after having had all this different versions on the machine...and having read in some posts that a Twonky uninstall leaves the database untouched.

First I Updated the N5200 Firmware from 10 or so to 14.
Luckily I had sysuser and sshd Modules installed.
So i took Winscp (http://winscp.net/eng/docs/lang:de)
and deleted all Twonkymedia files in /raid0/data/module/TWONKYMEDIA to start over clean.
Still I could not enable, disable or reinstall the twonky module.
Therefore I copied the Module.db in raid0/data/module locally and took with the help of SQLLite 1.1 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... e_id=91778 ) all Twonkymedia related entries out of the db.
After renaming the original db copying back the edited one onto the system and rebooting I was able to perform a clean Installation the regular way.

Now 1.5 hours later it did already find half the songs and is the server is still online 4 both devices.
By the way the Sms-style issue with the Sl400i seems to be solved at least for the folder view. Maybee the artist database part is not ready yet?. at least everything on the right window of the SL400i is blinking - Hope this goes and the box stops freezing on search in Artists.
Does anybody know anything about limitations in folder depth or the numbers of songs or restrictions on fonts and acsons ´ and other special Fonts in French and Spanish Artists names 4 the new release?
So far great guys at Twonkymedia but some bugsleft?
In case I get a result I’ll here and at the twonky site on the Phillips devices sms-style thread- and the other Nas and other OS one-- since there is (jet?) no own Folder 4 issues concerning the new .5. release.
I guess the twonkyforum will be a mess. Time 4 a .5. subdirectory!!!

Big Tanxx to Peterfu 4 his continuing donations to the Thecus community

Guess I have to get into Linux after all--- well it´s a start .....

flynn

Re: Hints Thecus N5200 Twonkymodule 2.00.14 Twonkyservr 5.0.46

Post by flynn » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:41 am

watchout for the default behavior of this module - it uses /raid/data as the default share folder, so as soon as you start it it will start a scan (and may run into the issue you're seeing with the scan, depending on what files are present).

you may want to try changing that share path before enabling the module, in order to debug the scan - you should make sure the scan works with no files or a few known files first.
TMS 5.0.55 @ Thecus N5200BR PRO v2.0.15
PS3 2.70, SB Duet, HR23-700