New User Needs Help

Other OS or NAS discussions
Erhan
AV Hardware:35HD-QUAD-NAS-E, Ziova CS615, PS3, Dreambox, Tivx
New User Needs Help

Post by Erhan » Sun May 10, 2009 2:43 am

Hi everyone, I'm having issues playing movies from my Ziova CS 615 player i just brought a few days ago. Here's what I've got:

35HD-QUAD-NAS-E with 1.5TB Sata Formatted to a Ext3 Linux with about 750GB of data.

http://www.mrt-communication.com/35HD-QUAD-NAS.htm

I was running syabas but I was getting alot of DLNA errors on my PS3, so i decided to try Twonky, now It's all good on the PS3 but the problem with the Ziova.

When i switch on the Ziova it does see some files but not all, it doesn't see the AVI, MPEG 2 and 4 files. Just the MPEG 1 files. I've got a huge feeling it's got to do with sharing of the NAS but if it was would the ps3 work?

The Twonky media config page give me the list of all the data and movies but I cannot get it on the Ziova?
I pluged in a USB external drive to the Ziova with the same data and it works?

There's some thing stopping these files to be accessed from the NAS to the Ziova but i cannot put my finger on it.

Any ideas?

Erahn
Attachments
nas.jpg
Files on the NAS
nas.jpg (64.62KiB)Viewed 4199 times
twonky.jpg
Twonky Files
twonky.jpg (26.84KiB)Viewed 4199 times

Erhan

Re: New User Needs Help

Post by Erhan » Sun May 10, 2009 6:21 am

I just found a solution by enabling Generic Media Receiver, if I use this option under Media Receivers it works, but if i reboot the NAS server it goes back to Ziova 505 Media receiver?

Is there a way of saving this as a Generic Media Receiver without having to change it to generic media receiver everytime i restart the server?

cheers

erhan
Attachments
ziova 505.jpg
ziova 505.jpg (58.43KiB)Viewed 4190 times
ziova.jpg
ziova.jpg (58.7KiB)Viewed 4190 times

Erhan

Post by Erhan » Mon May 11, 2009 11:19 am

anyone?

peterfu

Post by peterfu » Wed May 13, 2009 7:36 am

Theres a temporary solution if You have access to Your box via ssh or telnet.

Go to the resources folder of Your twonkymedia installation and change the clients.db file - comment the entry for the ZIOVA player or copy the content of the generic entry to the entry of the ZIOVA player. Be sure to make a backup of the clients.db file in case You make a error during changing the file.

br
Peter

PS: it would help if You tell us which version of the server are You running

Erhan

Post by Erhan » Wed May 13, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks for your reply Peter, I'm running: twonkymedia-5.0.46-r2 and its the trail version. I was going to buy it if it works. I don't know anything about linux so is there any documentation about how to log into telnet or ssh so i can change this file? And where can i download a free version of ssh?

erhan

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Wed May 13, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi

PuTTY is the best tool to use for SSH access to NAS and other devices (and it's free). Google PuTTY and you'll find a link to it right away. I'm not sure if your NAS will have SSH access enabled by default or not. For Netgear ReadyNAS, they have a downloadable update which you install to enable SSH access. You'd have to look at the instructions (or forum) relating to your own NAS to see how you enable SSH access (but once you have enabled SSH, PuTTY is still the tool you'd use to actually access it).

Although I'm a technical person, I had no Linux knowledge before I started hacking into NAS's etc. I know you can find tonnes and tonnes of so-called 'useful' Linux info on line, but I found much of it lacking (either too basic, or missing key basic information). Fortunately for me, I found this totally fabulous little book called 'Linux Phrasebook' by Scott Granneman. It's more than just a look-up book but not bogged down with far too much information and was thus exactly what I needed to get me going as quickly as possible; I'd very highly recommend it as being a really great way to get you going quickly, easily and painlessly!

Bri