Umpa
AV Hardware:Mybookworld 2TB
Xbox 360
Xbox 1
Wii
Vista & XP Computers
MyBookWorld (White Bar)

Post by Umpa » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Is there anyway I can stream my stuff from my NAS to my iPhone ?
So far I can connect to my Twonky server via safari, and can browse my media, but when i select it the iphone tries to download the file (which it can't do) and then returns an error.

Is there a way to do this or have I failed.

Cheers

Ump..

san
AV Hardware:WD My Worldbook (WhiteLight Edition)

Re: MyBookWorld (White Bar)

Post by san » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:22 pm

only for mp4 and flv video (iphone not support flashplayer and avi codec at the moment), also for mp3 audio you can install free player from applestore (Media link Player lite)
configure in wi fi the ip address of twonky and.... it works (tested on 2g 3g 3gs), the player display also an icon that indicates to you if the contents are playable or not
Sante

Ranger69
AV Hardware:HTC Hero Android Now Network
Mac ProBook Lepard Snow 10.6
VmWare on MAC and PC
Windows 7 x 64 bit
Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router

Post by Ranger69 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Easy as pie!

First, make sure your IPOD OR IPHONE can get onto your home WIFI. Then open iTunes > Edit > Preferences > Sharing > Select both LOOK FOR SHARED LIBRARIES AND SHARE MY LIBRARY ON MY LOCAL NETWORK.

Second, login as admin to your Network Storage Devices MyBookWorld

Next, Select Advanced > Select Media > Select iTunes > Enable iTunes Server & Check every 1 days for new music and then Submit changes.

Next, Go Back to the Media Tab > Then Select Media Server > On the TwonkyMedia Server Configurations

Steps below may require Restarting the Network Storage Device from the TwonkyMedia Server Configurations Page.

Select TWONKY MEDIA SETTINGS >
* First Steps will let you set up visual presentations such as iPod like (RECOMMENDED)
* First Steps lets you set up password security, don't set this up until its working.
* Sharing lets you set up Folders you want to share, but the public ones should be preConfigured, so just check to see that the following folders are set up
/Shared Music
/Shared Pictures doesn't work with iTunes
/Shared Videos doesn't work with iTunes

"Also set Rescan Every -1 minutes initially so that MyBookWorld immediately finds and streams your media"

* Media Receivers lets you associate device like your ipod, mac, ps3, and pc to receive the stream.
Here you should only need to CHECK THE BOX " Enable sharing for new media receivers automatically: "
You might have to put the MAC address in and/or help it determine the type of device, but this is only fyi as its important to note Checking the box should do the job.
If you've restarted the devices after saving these changes and haven't seen your ipod/iphone/pc/ps3/xbox appear here then you might need to get the mac and ip address and put it in here.

Finally, any device that has iTunes running such as your ipod or iphone or pc or mac should be able to see the shared library as MyBookWorld or whatever you renamed it as. The music you put in the MyBookWorld/Public/Music folder should be streaming.

In order to see the pictures or videos you'll need to use xbox, ps3 to pick up the server

or from any device on your local network type the ip address of the MyBookWorld followed by :9000. Example

http://192.168.100.250:9000/

this should work for your ipod or iphone if your connected to your local home WiFi. (this i haven't tried with my ipod, but it should work because it supposed to work with smart phones)

Cheers,
Ranger69

Ranger69
AV Hardware:HTC Hero Android Now Network
Mac ProBook Lepard Snow 10.6
VmWare on MAC and PC
Windows 7 x 64 bit
Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router

Post by Ranger69 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:12 pm

Also, I forgot to mention:

You can do what your trying to do by if you your have a pc or mac iTunes set up with playlists and movies and pictures.

All you have to do is make sure all of them are sharing libraries by opening iTunes > Edit > Preferences > Sharing > Enable look for shared libraries and share your library.

This will allow you to share anything between devices with iTunes, but you won't be redownloading anything to other devices.

Only streaming....very good huh!

Umpa
AV Hardware:Mybookworld 2TB
Xbox 360
Xbox 1
Wii
Vista & XP Computers

Post by Umpa » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Sorry for the late reply - excellent thanks :)