TMS 5.1.2 on LinkStation Live

Other OS or NAS discussions
Roaster
AV Hardware:Buffalo LinkStation Live (HS-DH500GL, Firmware 2.11) with Twonky Media Server 5.0.65
BluRay LG BD390 (DLNA client)
TMS 5.1.2 on LinkStation Live

Post by Roaster » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:53 am

Hi,

I've successfully installed TMS 5.1.2 on my Buffalo LinkStation Live (Firmware 2.11). It works perfetly so far (I noticed one crash so far) and the DLNA client, a BluRay player (LG BD390), now shows all files available on my NAS, music, video and photos.

However, one of the video files does not show properly or better does not run on the player at all, via streaming. When browsing the network share on my NAS from the internal browser on my BluRay player and run this video from this location all runs well, so it must be an issue with TMS 5.1.2.

I've ripped a DVD to my local HDD and used the tool Handbrake to write out a MKV file of the VIDEO_TS folder. This MKV runs properly when using VLC on my Windows 7 or as described above from the networks share on the LG BD390.

When streaming from TMS the player tries to load the file and hangs very soon with a black screen immediately after loading. The MKV uses audio codec mp4a, 48kHz and video codec acv1 with resolution 716x572, 25 frames.

I've similar coded MKV files with exactly the same codecs on the NAS which do not crash the BD390!

I've now reverted to TMS version 5.0.65 and this mentioned MKV file plays correctly, without crashing the LG.

So what's the deal with it?

Any help greatly appreciated - thanks,
Michael