WD My Book World & Windows media player 12

Other OS or NAS discussions
nana
AV Hardware:WD My Book World (Whight light) Model No: WDH1NC10000 && WD TV Live Model No: WDBAAN0000NBK
Windows 7 with media player 12
WD My Book World & Windows media player 12

Post by nana » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm using WD NAS station with TwonkyMedia server installed from factory defaults and Windows media player 12 from Windows 7. I set the media player to show subtitles & lyrics.
I want to know if i can play movies with subtitles & how to do it ?
I try to set the same name of the subtitle file like the name of the movie file. But it don't work and try even with .sub and .srt file formats and nothing happened. The movie play without subtitle.
Ex: movie.avi, movie.srt, movie.sub all files in same folder

If i play from a local hard drive movie file it works fine and show subtitles if i use the method described above.

Ranger69
AV Hardware:HTC Hero Android Now Network
Mac ProBook Lepard Snow 10.6
VmWare on MAC and PC
Windows 7 x 64 bit
Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router

Re: WD My Book World & Windows media player 12

Post by Ranger69 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:20 am

I took a look at my system and recall subtitles streaming to my ps3.

However, ps3 menu had no control over removing subtitles streamed from streaming media servers.

In this case, both players DIVX and Media Player didn't pick up the subtitles in the same folder as my avi file.

I can confirm settings for subtitles are enabled on both DIVX and Media Player. Both Applications were set, closed out, and re-opened to make sure settings took.

Nonetheless, neither picked up the subtitles in the same folder as the video file or even if they were in a subfoldder called Subs.

My Twonky Server on WD MYBOOkWorld is set to -1 to scan frequently for changes.

After spending quite a bit of time doing this, the only thing I haven't done was do a Manual Rebuild of the Database, manual rescan from settings, or Restart the Server.....As this would be way to much work, especially if I have to do this with every video.

BTW....I used Mac DivX and XP Pro Media Player Accessing WD NAS Public Folders to check this out.

Also, I'm certain hardcoded subs are obviously there when streaming to any of my devices.

steninau
AV Hardware:eva2000 and wd mybook

Re: WD My Book World & Windows media player 12

Post by steninau » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:17 am

this software doesn't support subtitles from NAS.
I've using WD my book world edition with twonky media server and I can't get the subtitles.
Does anybody know how to upgrade twonky media server onto WD my book world edition? And if it will solve my problem with subtitles?