Navigation Tree Problems

Other OS or NAS discussions
Budgie
Navigation Tree Problems

Post by Budgie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:00 am

I now have Twonky 5.1.6 on Qnap Nas box and seem to have lost the ability to set up navigation tree building filters.
Pretty pissed off about this as I mainly use Twonky for classical music and tags need to be different from normal pop music. Is it no longer possible to set up tree building? If not how can I find out what advanced default navigation actually does? .

Budgie

Re: Navigation Tree Problems

Post by Budgie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:22 am

Well thanks a bunch Twonky. Clearly this is not important to you. I asked what impact the advanced navigation tree filter had. Well first it only shows a small fraction of the genre folders I have on my database. The second nice touch is that it plays tracks in alphabetical order. It certainly makes Handel's Messiah different from the composer's intention and listening full of surprises.
I must now try and revert to Twonky Version 4 which worked for me.

cgospsa
AV Hardware:Buffalo NAS, Netgear NAS, WD NAS, LINN DS´s, O!Play Asus, PS3, etc..

Re: Navigation Tree Problems

Post by cgospsa » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi, Budgie.
I think: If the metadata is Ok, the music tree: genre -- album-- messias (play) the playlist order is correct. I have the 5.1.6 with advance navigation and play albums ok.

Sorry for my little english :oops: