Twonky on MyBook stable ?

Other OS or NAS discussions
pcartier
AV Hardware:Western Digital MyBook World Edition White Light
Twonky on MyBook stable ?

Post by pcartier » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:15 pm

I am running Twonky on a Western Digital MyBook World Edition (1TB, GLAN). The firmware update on this NAS is the latest from 30 August (01.02.04). The Twonky version is 5.1.4-1.
The device I am trying to play my media on is a recently purchased Sony Bravia KDL-40NX700/W which is of course a fully certified DNLA device. My problem is this:
When I look under "Video" on my My Sony TV the NAS is visible and so are the folders ... but when I drill down to the "My Videos" folder I simply get a message stating that "There are no items to display".
This is not true. The .avi films are in this folder, and I have also tried placing them in other locations on the NAS, all to no avail. They are simply not "seen"!! Under "Photos" the same problem occurs. I have slightly more success under "Music" on my TV ... here again the NAS is visible and the folders too, but the actual albums (folders) are also visible too.
But if I try and drill down deeper then I get the same "There are no items to display" message.
I have played with all the various settings available on Twonky and the MyBook NAS, but none of them solve the problem.
I have also tried unplugging the NAS and letting my my TV talk to the latest ver 6.x version of Twonky intalled on a PC in my network. But the problem remains the same!
I bought this new TV because I wanted to stream with a DNLA server. So my question is this:
Am I missing something here; or is Twonky simply not 100% stable yet to talk with all DNLA devices ?

Paul

rodimaito
AV Hardware:my book world edition
twonky media server

Re: Twonky on MyBook stable ?

Post by rodimaito » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:01 am

Of course twonky is not 100% compatible with all dlna devices, as all the upnp serves.........
you should look at foruns for other alternatives upnp servers with compatible with your TV.....