How to stream from a QNAP NAS to my TV using Apple TV?

Other OS or NAS discussions
paladar
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-410, Samsung UE467700 TV, Apple TV (2nd generation), PC using Windows 7
How to stream from a QNAP NAS to my TV using Apple TV?

Post by paladar » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:10 pm

Hi

I just bought a QNAP NAS TS-410, which comes with Twonky. I want to access my music library currently stored on the QNAP either by iTunes Server or Twonky. As soon as I stop my PC, the Media Library is not available anymore and on the TV it sais it contains no content. If I start twonky it first does not show the correct number of songs and pictures, it mixes all picturs and music, and its VERY slow, I cannot even search for titles on the TV. Is there an interface like iTunes for Twonky Services?

BR
Paladar

hamburger_gamer
AV Hardware:QNAP NAS 212, AppleTV2

Re: How to stream from a QNAP NAS to my TV using Apple TV?

Post by hamburger_gamer » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:08 am

install xbmc for ATV, then use smb-shares on your local network

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: How to stream from a QNAP NAS to my TV using Apple TV?

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:06 pm

If you have an Android powered mobile device, you can also use Twonky Mobile to browse media on your QNAP and stream it to a 2nd gen Apple TV.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/