What can i do for install twonky in Buffalo HS-DH2.0TGL/R5?

Other OS or NAS discussions
cgospsa
AV Hardware:Buffalo NAS, Netgear NAS, WD NAS, LINN DS´s, O!Play Asus, PS3, etc..
What can i do for install twonky in Buffalo HS-DH2.0TGL/R5?

Post by cgospsa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:12 pm

:oops: First: My english is very little. Sorry. :(

I´m Cgospsa from Spain and work in a Hi-End Store that sell Linn ds´s... We install the networks with TwonkyServer in some machines like NetGear, QNap, WD, etc... The first machine we have with Twonky was a Buffalo HS-DH2.0TGL/R5; four years ago a "technicman" instal the machine to us (4.0 version).
This summer (a long time ago... 2010) the Nas breakdown and I have to do a "re-live" the machine with the new firmware 2.14. like Buffalo´s support in Spain indicate me by phone and e-mail, no support to me with Twonky install.
Can´t install the twonkyserver :cry: . I tried with acp_commander but (all good?) but don´t work. I tried with all the Terastation and Livestations realise of twonkyserver but don´t work... :oops:

Can anybody help me? Please.

We can work because we have a NetGear NV+ with SuperPousin´s twonky realise and a RipNas with twonky and Asset.

Kind Regards from Spain.

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Re: What can i do for install twonky in Buffalo HS-DH2.0TGL/

Post by PeeBee » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

cgospsa
AV Hardware:Buffalo NAS, Netgear NAS, WD NAS, LINN DS´s, O!Play Asus, PS3, etc..

Post by cgospsa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi Mr. PeeBee, thankyou for your fast support :o
I try it...but don´t work the first "method". I set-up an Sondek LP-12 like the best Sondek LP-12 :wink: but the "informatica" resist me :oops: .
I try, I try.... Sorry for my english :?

Cheers...

News: To instal the addons.tar I need to change the "tar -C / -xzvf /mnt/disk1/share/addons.tar" for "tar -C / -xzvf /mnt/array1/media/addons.tar" but stop there... To be continued...

cgospsa

Post by cgospsa » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi, everyone:

Have Good news: :lol:
1: I need to create a folder named "share" in Buffalo.
2: Copy&paste from a PC in "share" the "addons.tar" file.
3: Use the acp_commander method to telnet the Buffalo by "root"
4: Telnet to Buffalo and unzip it. I have change the: "tar -C / -xzvf /mnt/disk1/share/addons.tar" for:
"tar -C / -xzvf /mnt/array1/share/addons.tar". Work OK!
5: In PC execute the Twonky-installer (version pro). I don,t need cange the "install.nas" and use the correct version (pro-v2-arm-5.1.6) of the server. In my case the user is "root" and the password in blank.
6: "Voilà" all work fine... for now :?: :wink:

Very, very Thanks Mr. PeeBee :P . I follow the first method.