Connecting a Panasonic Viera TV

Other OS or NAS discussions
byrnea
AV Hardware:iMac mini, Pure Evoke Flow, Linksys wireless router.
Connecting a Panasonic Viera TV

Post by byrnea » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 pm

I have a QNAP NAS running TMS 5.1.6 (I think)

When I first connected the TV to the network it played the video media fine. Now it keeps erroring like it's getting stuck. It will play a preview of some of the files (AVI and MSK) but then stop and eventually come up with the message "Cannot Read File".

The files are fine, as I can play them on other devices, and indeed some of them have previously played on the TV itself. Very frustrating. Any ideas much appreciated.

AB

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Connecting a Panasonic Viera TV

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:25 pm

If you're connected via wireless, you might want to connect via Ethernet for testing purposes and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, it sounds like a player issue to me. As a last resort, there are good low-cost digital media adapters (like the WD TV Live) that will probably fix this problem for you. I've seen those on Ebay for <$60.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/