Twonky 6, does not show all files on Bravia TV

Other OS or NAS discussions
jamienc
AV Hardware:Twonky 6.0.34 @ WD Book My World II
Sony Bravia KDL-40ex725
Twonky 6, does not show all files on Bravia TV

Post by jamienc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:13 am

I bought a New NAS (WD MyBookWorldEditionII). its comes with twonky 5.1.9 installed, which is not able to list/stream MKV files. so i updated the twonkyversion to 6.0.34 using the Maxtor Nas installer, because there is very similar hardware in it.

As far as good, everything seems to be ok. On my Sony TV (KDL-40EX725) i find the Twonky server and can access it, but it does not show all video files that are in the Twonky database already. there are about 1000 files in the database, but only 70 are shown. i noticed, that my series which are in folders, and subfolders are nerver shown, when i run 6.0.34! the strange thing is, that all files, inclusive subfolders are shown by browsing Twonky via Web / Flash interface. On 5.1.9 there is erverything ok.

I tryed removing subfolders, but without any effect.

any ideas?

Greeting from austria
Jamienc

edit: i found out, that only m4v files, and some avi files are listed. it ist strange.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Twonky 6, does not show all files on Bravia TV

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Most Sony TVs only show video files which can be played by the TV. If you upgrade to TwonkyServer 7.0 after it ships late Summer, you should see more videos, since TwonkyServer will transcode exisiting many of videos to formats that your TV can play.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

jamienc
Sony Bravia KDL-40ex725

Post by jamienc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:51 pm

[quote="TMM_Product_Manager"]Most Sony TVs only show video files which can be played by the TV. If you upgrade to TwonkyServer 7.0 after it ships late Summer, you should see more videos, since TwonkyServer will transcode exisiting many of videos to formats that your TV can play.

- Rick[/quote]

so i should tell the twonky server, that is is a generic device?
and why does twonky 5 can serve all files?

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:28 pm

We've created one or more special device profiles for Sony devices (E.g. Sony Bravia, etc). If you haven't done so yet, you might want to try selecting one of those and see if it helps.

It sounds to me like your problem is format-related however and it probably won't be addressed until TwonkyServer 7.0 is available.

- Rick

jamienc
Sony Bravia KDL-40ex725

Post by jamienc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 pm

[quote="TMM_Product_Manager"]We've created one or more special device profiles for Sony devices (E.g. Sony Bravia, etc). If you haven't done so yet, you might want to try selecting one of those and see if it helps.

It sounds to me like your problem is format-related however and it probably won't be addressed until TwonkyServer 7.0 is available.

- Rick[/quote]

no not realy. TM5 is listing all files. i already tried changing the client.db files - no effect.
any other ideas?

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Is the problem your TV is not listing all of the video files that TwonkyServer shows?

- Rick