Transfer Interrupted on WAS7000

all about streamium
sdi
Transfer Interrupted on WAS7000

Post by sdi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:32 am

Hi, the Philips Stremium is connected via WiFi, but I still get the problem when I try it on a cable. It tends to give the 'Interrupted' message and go back to the 'searching for servers' window when I am browsing music tracks. It seems worse on the recent versions of the TwonkyMedia server, although I have never had a 100% reliable connection.

Anyone else seen this type of thing. My connection to PS3 is more stable although this sometimes resets too - generally when you put it under a bit of load (browsing photos while streaming music at the same time).

Cheers.
Server:
Synology DS106e with 4.4.2

Clients:
Sony PS3, Philips WAS7000

sdi

Post by sdi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:31 pm

Had a play with this todey. First I removed the AlbumArt from the track but this made no differnce, so I then re-encoded the track as Stereo (ie NOT Joint Stereo) and they played reliably.

So, Joint Stereo encoded MP3s now make the WAS7000 drop the connection to the server (Connection Interrupt message) - this happens at the bottom of the browse tree (ie when the tracks would normally be listed). The same MP3s on a USB stick play fine.

Does anyone else have this combination to prove this for me?

The Philips has the latest firmware (1.08.5010).

I think I'd have noticed this if it happened with TwonkyMedia 4.1 since most of my library is encoded this way - it now seems this may need to be posted in the BETA forum since it seems to be linked to the newer releases of the Twonky Server. I'll downgrade the server when I get time to try and prove this.
Server:

Clients:

sdi

Post by sdi » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Went back to 4.4.2 today and can confirm things are MUCH more stable on the Philips WAS7000. Tracks that were giving "Connection Interrupt" message are now playing fine again.

It seems to that the version that supports WAS7000 has actually broken support for WAS7000!
Server:

Clients: