Twonky Media Server and Philips NP1100

all about streamium
Timores
AV Hardware:Philipps NP1100
Twonky Media Server and Philips NP1100

Post by Timores » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi,

(I already posted a similar message in the TMS forum, maybe it was the wrong one)

I tried to use TMS (5.x) with the NP1100. Connection is OK but I am unable to correctly browse through the media library. By this, I mean that I am unable to view the list of albums or artists, just a list of songs, which is not very usable.

To be more precise, after selecting TMS from the UI of the NP1100, I see the list of items in the first level of the hierarchy (Album, all tracks, artists, artist index, by folder, etc.). But the problem is that selecting any of these items shows a small list of about 10 songs, instead of a list of artists or albums or music genres ("All tracks" gives a list of songs, which is OK)

Note that browsing with the Flash UI of the Twonky tools is perfectly fine.

Am I assuming wrongly that TMS should help me in the navigation, or is it a limitation of the trial version ? Or is it a problem with the NP1100 ? Using the sharing provided with WMP gives a similar problem.

Has anyone tried the NP1100 with TMS ?

I hope my question is not too stupid, but I could not find anything similar on the forum.

Timores
AV Hardware:Philipps NP1100

Re: Twonky Media Server and Philips NP1100

Post by Timores » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:06 am

I found the answer to my problem, so, maybe it can be useful to someone to post this answer here.

The NP1100 has an OK button in the remote surrounded by buttons representing arrows in the 4 directions (up, down, left, right).

To navigate in a hierarchy (after selecting a server), one has to use the right arrow button and it works fine. If one uses the OK button, it skips the whole navigation and starts playing the first of all songs.