parametric
AV Hardware:Philips 32PFL8404/12 LCD TV with NetTV
VirginMedia+ (HD) Cable 10mB service
MyBook World edition (White Led Strip)
TP-LINK TL-WR641G Wireless Router
TP-LINK TL-SG1008D GigaBit Switch
32PFL8404/12 with WD MyBook World edition displays tiny .jpg

Post by parametric » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:22 am

The MyBook WE 1Tb (White led display) is running the latest F/W v 01.02.04 with MioNet 4.2.27.

The TV (also latest firmware - updated today) detected the MBWE without me doing anything (but selecting <Browse PC>) :D
Folders are there for Video and Photos, containing stuff I have copied from the PC.
Some .avi files I have copied play superbly well - no probs there, but the photos (.jpg) when selected, produce a picture about the size of a postcard in the middle of the 32" screen - :evil: size shown as 200x160 or thereabouts.
The pics are from two different cameras, and are 5MP and 10 MP respectively . . .

That can't be right - What am I doing wrong?

I've looked at mentions in here and elsewhere and there doesn't seem to be a solution (so far) I'm thinking its the TV?

Any updates on this problem guys?

Best Regards

Theojr44
AV Hardware:IOMEGA Home Media Network Hard Drive 2 TB

Re: 32PFL8404/12 with WD MyBook World edition displays tiny

Post by Theojr44 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:46 pm

I have the same problem. How did you fixed it?

parametric
AV Hardware:Philips 32PFL8404/12 LCD TV with NetTV
VirginMedia+ (HD) Cable 10mB service
MyBook World edition (White Led Strip)
TP-LINK TL-WR641G Wireless Router
TP-LINK TL-SG1008D GigaBit Switch

Re: 32PFL8404/12 with WD MyBook World edition displays tiny

Post by parametric » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:23 am

Nope!

I just gave up in the end . . . .

The impression I got was that "Net TV" suffers the same as much new technology in as much as it is rushed to market in an undignified scramble to make money - LONG before it is ready, and "Fit for purpose". The result is a bug-ridden MESS that doesn't work properly.

It is clearly designed with as many subscription-based services as possible that are clearly a "band-waggon" designed to make money.

Philips tech support were no help at all, neither were WD - both pointing the finger at each other.

My guess is the TV probably needs a firmware update.

The Standards for Net-TV capable devices - indicate that the Both the TV and the WDMBWE are both only partialy complient with the barest minimum spec. and therefore are unlikely to work well together.

On one occasion, one site I visited, using the TV - complained about incorrect drivers - and I think that may be a clue.
You cannot of course update anything on the TV - as it is NOT a computer in the usual sense as it has nowhere for drivers to be uploaded to - IYSWIM

So the problem remains.

moral?

DON'T buy into new technology until the problems have been sorted out

Best Regards