Twonkymusic + Noxon 2 : tracks are not sorted

djfreddy75009
Twonkymusic + Noxon 2 : tracks are not sorted

Post by djfreddy75009 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:01 pm

(I'm French, so sorry for some mistakes...)
I have Noxon 2 and Twonkymusic server on my PC. It works well, I'm happy of this device which is very usefull.
But, after reading some forums, I noticed I have the same problem of sorting tracks within Path or Artist/Album.
In Artist/Album, I only have MP3s which get some ID3 tags and the sort is OK, like explorer in Windows on my PC
In Directories, it works differently. Tracks are sorted alphabetically with their ID3 tag name, and not with the file name (like explorer).
It's very disappointing because tracks order is sometimes important in an album.
In general, I don't like tags, I prefer to rename my files like 01 - xxxx.mp3 , 02 -xxxxx.mp3 in a directory.

2 solutions :
1/ I delete all ID3 tags in my MP3 files and I use Directories
2/ I create ID3 tags for all my files and I use Artist/Album

The problem is I can't use both systems. Why there's no %FILENAME option in tree order ?

djfreddy75009

Post by djfreddy75009 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:04 pm

nobody can help me ?

RigasW

Post by RigasW » Sun May 06, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem ...
To me it does not seem to be a problem of the Noxon device.

When you use the built in windows UPnP client (http:\\localhost:9000) --> Mediabrowser you will find the same sorting problem ....

As long as you only listen to pop music, this isn't a big deal ... but with classical music or with audio books, you can forget it ....

I planed to use the Twonky Server together with the iRadio to get rid of dozends of CDs covering our living room floor ... but as I said ... it does nor work with classical music. The first sonata you will find under "Beethoven", the next under the name of the conductor ... the next under "various artists ..." Such a shame ....

I ordered an iPod yesterday .... another 200 Euros spent ... but the twony software really did not fulfill what it promised .... or what I hoped it would do for me ...

Rigas

djfreddy75009

Post by djfreddy75009 » Sun May 06, 2007 5:27 pm

unique solution : delete title information in ID3 tag...

Kruemel

Post by Kruemel » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:09 pm

:D Try Twonky Media 4.1 - it works and it will be sorted correctly :D

zaphodb

Post by zaphodb » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:18 pm

Hello,

same problem here since a few months.

I have contacted terratec, but they did nothing...

I also have tried TwonkyMedia 4.3, but files will still be sorted by title name from id tag, they have to be sorted by filename ( 01- xxx.mp3, 02-xxx.mp3).
Do you have changed some settings in noxon or twonky config?

here are the (german) messages from terratec support:
Sehr geehrter Herr xxx,

entschuldigen Sie bitte die lange Antwortzeit.

Die Reihenfolge des Menüs am 'NOXON 2 Audio' ist leider nicht änderbar.
Ich leite Ihre Anfrage allerdings an die entsprechende Abteilung unseres Hauses weiter und ggf. wird eine künftige Version der 'NOXON 2 Audio' Firmware über ein derartiges Feature verfügen.
and the second one, I asked for a downgrade to a previous firmware version:
Sehr geehrter Herr xxx,

bezüglich bekannter Probleme mit der aktuellen Firmwareversion können diese zum Teil bereits durch eine aktuelle Betaversion behoben werden.
Demnach empfehle ich diese von folgendem Link herunterzuladen und auf Ihr 'NOXON 2 Audio' zu übertragen und zu :
ftp://kunde:kunde@ftp.terratec.de/noxon ... Retail.zip

Ein Rückspielen der auslieferungsversion der Firmware ist derzeit nicht möglich.
Problem still here, even with beta firmware...

techsc

Post by techsc » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:00 am

It's a shame :twisted:

I cannot play any album with the correct title sorting.

Why isn't just an option implemented in TwonkyVision to display all titles by their original filenames?

zaphodb

Post by zaphodb » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:19 pm

I have done a firmware downgrade to factory default, now it works fine...

peterjuuls

How to downgrade firmware?

Post by peterjuuls » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:13 pm

After upgrading NOXON2 Audio firmware to version 17.6292, I too have experienced problems with sorting on folders/filenames. Problems occur with Twonky4.3 and also with MusicMatch Jukebox 10 Server, so this appears to be a NOXON2 firmware problem, not a TwonkyVision 4.x problem.

I listen to classical music and it is very annoying when tracks are reordered by NOXON2. So firmware downgrade appeals to me.

Question: How can I downgrade the Noxon2 Audio firmware to the original version? When hard resetting my NOXON2, the configuration returns to factory settings, but firmware version 17.6292 persists. I probably could upload an older firmware version from Firmware Manager, but it is not available on the CDROMs that came with my NOXON2 and it is not available from Terratec.

Best regards
Peter

Karsi

Re: How to downgrade firmware?

Post by Karsi » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:38 pm

peterjuuls wrote:After upgrading NOXON2 Audio firmware to version 17.6292, I too have experienced problems with sorting on folders/filenames. Problems occur with Twonky4.3 and also with MusicMatch Jukebox 10 Server, so this appears to be a NOXON2 firmware problem, not a TwonkyVision 4.x problem.

I listen to classical music and it is very annoying when tracks are reordered by NOXON2. So firmware downgrade appeals to me.

Question: How can I downgrade the Noxon2 Audio firmware to the original version? When hard resetting my NOXON2, the configuration returns to factory settings, but firmware version 17.6292 persists. I probably could upload an older firmware version from Firmware Manager, but it is not available on the CDROMs that came with my NOXON2 and it is not available from Terratec.

Best regards
Peter
Twonky version 4.4.1 fixes this problem. Sorting is correct after upgrading to 4.4.1.

Best regards,
Karsten

peterjuuls

Solved

Post by peterjuuls » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:07 pm

After reading your posting, I upgraded Twonky 4.3 => 4.4.2. NOXON2 still runs latest firmware version 17.6292. Now folder/filename-based sorting on NOXON2 works just like in Windows Explorer. I'm very happy with this. Saves me lot of time creating playlists to control the track order. Thanks for your tip.

MusicMatch Jukebox 10 Server still doesn't sort properly, though. Why? It seems this server product doesn't offer folder/filename-based sorting as an option.

Best regards
Peter Juuls

theking2

Sorting tracks

Post by theking2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:55 pm

Naming tracks and filenames and sorting them afterwards is an underestimated art. Certainly with classical music.
Anyway: my CD's are ripped and stored as artistA/albumX/01.trackname1 and so forth. The tags for Lynn Harrell's rendition of J.S.Bach Cell suites track 1 of CD 2 would be

Artist: Lynn Harrell
Album: J.S.Bach - Cello Suites CD2/2
Tracknumber: 01
Trackname: Suite No.4 in E flat major - Prélude

WMP11(Vista) TwonkyMedia will show this as having each track sitting in it's own album with the same name. Artist Lynn Harrell has 36 albums each with one track.
With WMP11 own library function everything is in the correct order.

Noxon2 has two options (when I want to listen to the suites)
1) select artists/Lynn Harrell hit play
2) folder/music/Lynn Harrell

Play by album is not an option as I also happen to have Isilis, Wen-Sinn Yang where the albums have the same name.

In both cases the Noxon2 proofs it self capable of sorting alfabetically and start with the Allemande, Courante, etc.

The only solution I see is include the track umber in the filename and track name.

I have a suspiction that the streaming 9000 does not include track number information in neither the stream nor the directory listing. This seems to me a major ommision as IDv3 tags work wonderully well.

loudpipes

Post by loudpipes » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:31 am

Thanks for your hint Karsten. Also upgraded to 4.4 and am very happy. Sorting works by order of filename with latest Noxon firmware dated 03 oct 2007.

Cheers
tom

steve0
AV Hardware:AV hardware

Re: Twonkymusic + Noxon 2 : tracks are not sorted

Post by steve0 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:02 am

delete title information in ID3 tag! :D