Problems with TV and Xbox360

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
helibore
Problems with TV and Xbox360

Post by helibore » Mon May 28, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi,
I am running TV Version 4.3, I hav the XBox360 Spring Dashboard update.
I have 3 problems with TV and the XBox.

1) I store my photo's in a folder per year and sub folders for holidays etc. TV Only seems to show the photos that are at the bottom of a folder tree, eg if 2004 only contains photos then I can view all photo's in that folderrrrrr. However if 2005 has photos AND a sub folder for a holiday, eg Skiing , then I can only see the Skiing photos, sometimes I can see the 2005 photos from the skiing folder.
2) I have some movies taken by my camera, and stored with the photos. I have converted them all to .WMV files. If I put ALL the photos in 1 folder and pointer TV at that folder I was able to see the files with TV 4.2. Now with 4.3 I cant see any files.
2a) The Xbox is unable to see ANY movie files in the photo sub directories.
3) When viewing musing by artist I get 2 folders per artist.

Does any one have any suggestions for these problems ?

Thanks
John

twonky-christian
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware:PC

Post by twonky-christian » Mon May 28, 2007 7:40 pm

1) is unfortunately a problem of the XBOX360

2) looks more like a config problem - the server shoulkd scan for videos also in mixed directories if you did not apply the picture only seeting for that path

3) no idea :(

helibore

Post by helibore » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:08 pm

Thanks for the reply.I forgot to say I am using TV on a linux server.

1) so you're saying the problem is with the xbox ?
2) I have tried the configuration as VIDEO for a direcory tree (which contains photo's) and only when I have ALL the videos in a flat folder did they work. Now since the 4.3 and XBox upgrade nowthing works.
3) I definatly see each Artist twice in the list.

Is there a windows/linux client I can use to compare the TV server to the Xbox ?

Thanks john

twonky-christian
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware:PC

Post by twonky-christian » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:22 pm

have a look at WMP11 on Windows VISTA

or use the inbuild mediabrowser

you may also give 4.4 Beta 3 a try

shelined

Post by shelined » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:06 pm

I am having a similar problem. I have installed v4.4b3 and the configuration shows 3 videos indexed, 2 of which are mp4. On the xbox 360 under videos it says none could be found, however when using WMP11 on vista on the same machine as the server, all three videos show up. Any suggestions?

Dan