Random Order When Streaming Pictures

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
doubrown
Random Order When Streaming Pictures

Post by doubrown » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:47 am

I recently purcvhase a Koda EX1011 digital picture frame with WiFi. Twonkyvision works great as a media server streaming pictures to the frame. However, it always serves the pictures in the same order. Is there a way to randomize the order in which the pictures are displayed from the server side? The frame itself does not have this option.

twonky-christian
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware:PC

Post by twonky-christian » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:36 am

sorry - no - there is no such option at the moment

doubrown

Post by doubrown » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:48 pm

Thanks. Would that be a difficult feature to implement?

twonky-christian
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware:PC

Post by twonky-christian » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:21 pm

hm,

where to put it ?

A separate folder for each picture folder like
- ALL -
- Random -

doubrown

Post by doubrown » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:47 pm

That would probably be the best approach.

greenbergm

EX1011

Post by greenbergm » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:33 pm

I have recently purchased an EX1011 also, and am trying to get it to work wirelessly with myMac, but no luck. Can you tell me how you set up the media server so the frame can see it - right now is is not visible, but I am sure networking is set up properly, as the frame can see my PC with EasyShare, but I want to be able to use the Mac.

Kodak support told me I need Twonky, but gave no futher details.

Thanks

dmwierz

Re: EX1011

Post by dmwierz » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:27 pm

greenbergm wrote:I have recently purchased an EX1011 also, and am trying to get it to work wirelessly with myMac, but no luck. Can you tell me how you set up the media server so the frame can see it - right now is is not visible, but I am sure networking is set up properly, as the frame can see my PC with EasyShare, but I want to be able to use the Mac.

Kodak support told me I need Twonky, but gave no futher details.

Thanks
Anyone able to help out here? I have the same question and the same problem. An email I got from Twonky says, more or less, "it should just work", but it doesn't. I can connect my frame with the Web online gallery, but it does not see my Mac, nor does the Mac see it.

I keep getting asked for a registration key, but only want to demo Twonky since if it doesn't work with this picture frame I have no need for it, and I can't verify it works until I get it to work (kinda a Catch-22).

OK - I was able to get Twonky to work, but only through turning off my Mac's firewall - so there must be some way to configure the firewall to allow Twonky in and out. Which ports need to be opened so that I can run Twonky and the EX1011 and still have my firewall ON?

Update: after an exhaustive search, I found that Twonky needs the following ports to be opened in the Mac's firewall:

TCP 9000 and UDP 1030, 1900, 9080.

Did this, and now the EX1011 is able to recognize my Computer, or more accurately, the TwonkyServer.

cliffa
AV Hardware:Server: Qnap TS-409
Clients: PS3, Xbox360, DSM-520, Archos 605, Nokia N95, Kodak EasyShare EX1011 , Momento Picture Frame, NetGem 7600, Sony Vaio WA1.

Post by cliffa » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:29 pm

Hi Christian,

Another vote for a feature to display photos in a random order on the Kodak EX1011 Picture Frame. I've caved in and gone out and bought one of these as I wasn't getting anywhere trying to contact Momento support to fix the compatability with Twonky.

It's a shame as I got to say the Momento is a nicer frame in many ways most important being it remembers where it left off when being power cycled.