**REALLY** disappointed - please help!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
smalltalkdan
**REALLY** disappointed - please help!

Post by smalltalkdan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:39 am

After days of problems with the D-Link Server software, I discovered Twonky today, installed it and it worked instantly, including my iTunes files. I was so thrilled that I immediately bought a license.

However, it looks like I downloaded the original version 4.3 just as 4.4 was coming out, so I downloaded 4.4 instead - and now it's completely broken. The installation works, but the configuration page won't load - in fact, it crashes FireFox, and just doesn't work at all on IE (says it's transferring data from the IP address it was assigned, but never completes).

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium - this happens on two different machines (a Dell desktop and an HP laptop). Any thoughts? Can I downgrade and use 4.3 instead?

...dan
Dan Goldman

smalltalkdan

Post by smalltalkdan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:09 am

Well, after a lot of searching, I finally sort of answered my own question, but I am far from confident that this is a final resolution.

Elsewhere in this forum, someone asked where the configuration page was, and Christian answered "http://127.0.0.1:9000." My system locked up looking for the server configuration page at 192.168.11.7:9000 (the correct DHCP-assigned IP address for the Twonky server). When I used 127.0.0.1:9000, it worked. However, if I right-click on the Twonky icon in the systray, it still looks for 192.168.11.7:9000 and eventually crashes FireFox.

Any thoughts on this are welcome, but at least I got it working again.

...dan
Dan Goldman

bonienl

Post by bonienl » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:08 am

smalltalkdan wrote:Any thoughts on this are welcome, but at least I got it working again.
Twonky can be addressed on the IP address of your PC fine, it is not restricted to the localhost address only.

I don't have any problems with Firefox and Twonky. The thing you may want to do is to clear the browser cache and restart it (see Tools -> Clear private data).

twonky-christian
Lynx Technology Staff
AV Hardware:PC

Post by twonky-christian » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:19 am

also looks like a Firewall problem