Admin access to Twonkymedia on LaCie NAS drive

Other OS or NAS discussions
nikolai_evans
Admin access to Twonkymedia on LaCie NAS drive

Post by nikolai_evans » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:14 pm

I know there are many people out there as frustrated as I am with how locked down Twonkymedia is on LaCie drives like the Ethernet Mini. Well I stumbled across a way to access the admin screens. I have no idea if this affects warranties or not but I thought I'd let you know how I did in case you want to do the same.

I stuck my lacie drive in my router's DMZ so that I could access my personal files from the outside world.

I then set up an account with DynDNS.com to give it a permanent, memorable url, e.g. http://myname.homeftp.net

I went to port 9000 on my url and instead of the usual red security screen, it actually let me in.

To then allow it to work by IP address and machine name I changed the web access setting to Public.

I don't think this will let you manually upgrade but at least lets you play aruond with the config.

I'll probably now learn that this is all common knowledge, LOL. Meanwhile I'll patiently wait for LaCie to upgrade the software so that my 360 can see videos again!!

Cheers
Nik[/list]

u4ea

why public and url

Post by u4ea » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:32 pm

Do you know why you could get in?
You mentioned changing the access to Public to use ip server name. Is that needed and where are you talking about enabling Public?
Since I don't want my NAS in the DMZ, I'm wondering if I can get around this admin red screen by using ip or server name.
Nice post and thank you,
tim

u4ea

Post by u4ea » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:38 pm

what lacie firmware are you running? I'm trying this dyndns trick w/ no luck (I'm using 1.0.10 firmware - I wonder if they patch this hole?)
Thank you,
Tim

Poeliwoeliboeli

Post by Poeliwoeliboeli » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:43 am

I tried it before the firmware update and after the firmware update using the mydns.. still getting the red screen "acces denied" :(