buffalo link theatre

k3v
buffalo link theatre

Post by k3v » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:45 am

Hi,

Ive just bought a buffalo link theatre, will it work with twonkyvision?

thanks in advance.

Kev

chrisbaksa

Post by chrisbaksa » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Yes. Have one to. Love it!

k3v

Post by k3v » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:03 pm

Thanks for the reply,

I bought the link theater earlier, without thinking about twonky which I use for my MP101 music player. Ill go set the link theater up now i'm home.
Does twonky handle the film side of things as well as music then?

chrisbaksa

Post by chrisbaksa » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:00 pm

I have to copy some DVD vob files and see if it works.
I honestly don't know... Just hooked it up last week. So I'm new to it yet.

Chris

k3v

Post by k3v » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:01 pm

this is not as easy as i thought!! Its asking for an ip address of the media server. Where would I find it?

chrisbaksa

Post by chrisbaksa » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:20 am

Test Confirmed...

The LinkTheater can see and Play VOB files that Twonky serves.
Pretty cool.

I ripped a DVD using DVDFabDecrypter to my hard disk. I added the directory to Twonky and then re-scanned. A few seconds later... The DVD folder appeared.

Just click Play!

IP address? Where are you? in the Twonky software or on the LinkTheater? With Twonky running... the linkTheater should discover Twonky as it powers up. You will see teh DVD drive and then Twonky listed right under it. You only need to manually enter the IP if it does not discover.

k3v

Post by k3v » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:05 am

thanks for the reply. my problem may be due to the wep key.
I didn't realise the linktheater should auto detect twonky. ill try switching off security and re-boot it. I did have the wrong key in and when I switched off the security, I never re-booted the linktheater .
it was the linktheater that was asking for an ip address, iirc it was on the "add computer page". I was must have been trying to manually set it up unnecessarily.
the text is hard to read on a crt isn't it, maybe time for a lcd!

chrisbaksa

Post by chrisbaksa » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:49 am

Make sure you didn't Activate HD Menu mode.
The text gets really small. Unless you have a hugh screen you can't read it.

I opted to go wired network... Only because it was easy to connect to my switch.

I must say for the 130 bucks I paid for the LinkTheater. It does the job. Believe it or not.. I installed it in my Kitchen. It killed 2 birds with one stone. I was going to buy a DVD player... the LinkTheater has one built in.

http://www.networkbaksa.com/stuff/Kitch ... _5869.html

k3v

Post by k3v » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:48 pm

Thanks a lot for your help :D

Its working now. The first problem was as you rightly said was, it was set for HD menus. I altered it and it made all the menus perfectly clear. After a bit of fiddling with different WEP settings, i couldnt get it to work so i decided to switch on my MP101 music streamer, this wouldnt detect twonky either. A quick reset of twonky and bingo, the linktheater auto detected it.

Thank you very much for your help, im off to play. The test xvid of pink floyd at live8 which just happened to be in the right folder seems to stream perfectly. Im off to test a whole film now.

Cheers.

Kev