XBOX360 / TwonkyVision / ISO FIles

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
egoldy
XBOX360 / TwonkyVision / ISO FIles

Post by egoldy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:55 pm

All,

Can someone confirm something?

If I'm running Twonky Vision can I:

A) View ISO images of movies?
B) Does this work on the XBOX 360 (e.g. can I watch ISO images via TWONKY on the XBOX 360?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity

Post by GregiBoy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:07 am

No.... Not supported...

egoldy

Post by egoldy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Dammmmit..

monkeyhands

Post by monkeyhands » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:50 pm

It does work through Windows Media Centre, vista or MCE2005.
Reality (n), Something that happens when you are not playing video games.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:58 pm

You can mount the ISO using a 3rd party tool, like DaemonTools, or Microsoft's VirtialCD utility.

Then let Twonky scan the CD drive.

The downside? Well each time you change the ISO, you will need to get Twonkyvision to rescan the filesystem, and your content better not be encrypted copyrited DVD's, and that will of course need decoding...

The bottom line: TwonkyMedia will stream MPEG (what DVD's are), but there is likely to be copy protection on any commercial DVD's , in addition to the hassle of moutning the image and stuff...
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

Dartan

Post by Dartan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:40 pm

mgillespie wrote:You can mount the ISO using a 3rd party tool, like DaemonTools, or Microsoft's VirtialCD utility.

Then let Twonky scan the CD drive.

The downside? Well each time you change the ISO, you will need to get Twonkyvision to rescan the filesystem, and your content better not be encrypted copyrited DVD's, and that will of course need decoding...

The bottom line: TwonkyMedia will stream MPEG (what DVD's are), but there is likely to be copy protection on any commercial DVD's , in addition to the hassle of moutning the image and stuff...
Is there anything special that's needed in Twonky to do this? Under linux, I mounted an iso via the loopback interface to a directory that I have setup for videos under Twonky. I had Twonky rescan and it didn't find it. If I could get this to work, I'd just make a different directory (mount point) for each movie and modify my fstab to mount them automatically whenever I reboot.

Dave

Oh, and yes, all of the iso's of movies I have are unencrypted.