Ziova CS510 with TwonkyVision 4.3: NO OGG!

mumsoft
Ziova CS510 with TwonkyVision 4.3: NO OGG!

Post by mumsoft » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:43 pm

I own my Ziova CS510 just a day and a half, so I assume my impression is wrong, but nevertheless, here it is:

With TwonkyVision 4.3 on my Asus WL-700Ge NAS I have no trouble to hear all 18000 'songs' in OGG format I have put on it, that is to say, with my Noxon Audio 2. The Ziova should replace my Roku Soundbridge, that does not do OGG Vorbis natively, but only transcoded. The Ziova is marketed with native OGG-support, TwonkyVision has no problem with that format too, and it even has listed the Ziova's Clearstreams on its site as supported.
So, I anticipated that the Ziova should not have any trouble with OGG. But it does.
It plays an OGG-file on an usb disk, but it does not show any tag-information. I can live with that, it only proves for me that the Ziova is able to handle OGG-files.
It plays an MP3-file on my Asus through TwonkyVision, and shows tag-info.
But no ogg-file is listed and hence can not be played through Twonkyvision. How is that? As said, my Noxon has no trouble at all with these.

Mabe this problem is correlated with the fact that TwonkyVision does not recognize the Ziova at all (is it supported, or?). To overcome that I have tried some hard client definitions that do OGG like Kiss, or Generic DNLA V1.5, but it did not help.

If the Ziova is not able to play ogg via TwonkyVision, It will fail its first and for me most important feature.
I hope someone can help. Should I try another cleint definition, if so, which, or does rel. 4.4 a better job with Ziova?

Marc :oops:
* Marc *

GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity

Post by GregiBoy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:13 am

Hi Marc,

I told you responses here were not very forthcoming....

Let's wait and see...

Greg

GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity

OGG Support

Post by GregiBoy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:04 am

Hi Mark,

I have been looking at this and I modified a section of the clients.db to this:-

ID:064
NA:Ziova CS-505 Network Player
HH:Ziova
DD:Ziova
HP:Close
MT:aif,aiff audio/aiff
MT:avi,divx video/avi
MT:flac audio/flac
MT:lpcm,pcm audio/lpcm
MT:m4a,mp4.a,3gp.a,m4b audio/mp4
MT:mp1,mp2 audio/mpeg
MT:ogg audio/x-ogg
MT:ts video/mpeg
MT:wav audio/wav
PX:1920
PY:1080
XM:noutf8
XM IGNORESORT
XM:ADDTITLETOURL
XM:DLNANO
DB:FIX

Try that out with OGG.

Make sure that the ID is unigue in the clients.db file as they vary a lot a.d restart the Twonky Server after to have made the changes.

The CS-505 should also be Autodetected. Let me know how you get on.

Greg

mumsoft

Post by mumsoft » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:32 pm

Hi Greg,

Thanks for this, but didn't I tell you I already have a working clients.db? Just search the Ziova forum for clients.db, and you'll find it.

This is what I have in clients.db for Twonky, it's almost identical to your solution. I have DB=AUTO, you have DB=FIX and added XM IGNORESORT.

ID:062
NA:Ziova CS505/510
HH:Ziova
DD:Mediaclient
HP:Close
MT:aif,aiff audio/aiff
MT:avi,divx video/avi
MT:flac audio/flac
MT:lpcm,pcm audio/lpcm
MT:m4a,mp4.a,3gp.a,m4b audio/mp4
MT:mp1,mp2 audio/mpeg
MT:ogg audio/x-ogg