sms-style inputs for SL400i disappeared in v4.4.2?

all about streamium
louwke
sms-style inputs for SL400i disappeared in v4.4.2?

Post by louwke » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:27 pm

Every new version of TM seems to get better, but ... my sms-style input functionality for my SL400i seem to have disappeared in v4.4.2. Any advice or do I simply have to wait for the next release?

Many thanks, L.

AndyH

Post by AndyH » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:18 am

Mine has stopped working as well. I have contacted support and they suggested making sure that the client specification was correct in configuration. Mine listed the client as Philips SL400i so I'm not why the SMS has stopped working.

Any ideas?

Borgstrand

Post by Borgstrand » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:17 am

I have the same problem.

My setup:
- Linksys NSLU-2 with Unslung 6.8 and TwonyVision Mediaserver 4.4.2
- Philips Streamium SL400i

SMS-style input does not work, just gives numbers.

AndyH

Post by AndyH » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:51 pm

I have made the support team aware of the problem and sent them stream dumps so they can reproduce the problem. It might help if everyone who has experienced this problem emails support to let them know. There system seems to work fine and they thought it was just an error with my setup.

I'l update if and when support find a solution.

hvdveen

SMS style searching stopped after upgrade to TM 4.4.2

Post by hvdveen » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:00 pm

I also have a Philips SL400i for which the sms-sytyle searching has stopped working after an upgrade to Twonky 4.4.2. I hope that this will be repaired in the next update. TIA Henk

kellerm

Post by kellerm » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:25 pm

SMS Style input does not work anymore in my configuration as well (QNAP TS101 with Twonky 4.4.2, Philips SL400i, Fritzbox).

Obviously absolutely nothing has changed for three months now. Twonky seems to have terminated the support for this product, but I have sent a referring question to their helpdesk to check for details. I will have to turn to another product as my 16.000 files database is completely useless without a comprehensive search function.

Did you find a workaround? Is it possible to upload an older version of the QNAP firmware?

Best regards

Michael

hvdveen

I ended up using Twonkymedia version 4.3

Post by hvdveen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:18 pm

As Twonkymedia seems to have stopped supporting the Philips SL400i I decided to downgrade in order to be able to use the SMS-style search function again. This works for me, but I cannot say that I am a happy customer. I am disappointed in the level of service that Twonkymedia provides, Twonkymedia never answered my mail in which I complained about missing the SMS-style search function in the 4.4.2 and 4.4.3.1 version of Twonkymedia. In fact I am looking for an alternative for Twonkymedia but until now did not succeed in finding one.

Henk

kellerm

Post by kellerm » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:43 am

@hvdeen:
Thank you very much for your indications. I have also downgraded to an older "stable" TS101 firmware version now, which is an acceptable workaround for the moment.

BTW: I have received an immediate reply to my questions from Twonky - according to their statement, they could not reproduce the reported error and the error is "not known so far"... And again they asked if the client was recognized by the software (yes, he was). As I pointed Twonky also to this forum, maybe things will start to settle for Philips customers as well - at least, I always had a good response from Twonky helpdesk when I still used to run Twonkyvision on a barebone system.

Best regards

Michael

JensS

sms navigation on sl400i

Post by JensS » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:31 pm

I have the same problem.

My setup:
- debian linux and TwonyVision Mediaserver 4.4.3

SMS-style input does not work, just gives numbers. :cry:

hvdveen

No SMS navigation due to using Non standard characters?

Post by hvdveen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:37 pm

In another discussion on this forum ( http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... hlight=sms ) Cwaidner claimed to have found a cause for the broken SMS navigation on the SL400i (switching 'standardisation of artists' so that "Beatles, The" appear as "The Beatles"). I tried reproducing his solution but sadly for me it did not work. Because Cwaidner mentioned a german Band called The Ärzte, which word contains a non-standard character (the Ä), I was put to the idea that the problem might lie in non-standard characters. This is because I have a lot of world music in which the artists have names with a lot of non-standard characters.
I hope this can give a clue to the Twonkymedia engineers so that they are able to repairing the SMS navigation on the SL400i.

My setup:
- Synology 106, with Twonkymedia Mediaserver 4.4.3

Benneton
AV Hardware:Buffalo Terastation, firmware 2.17 login enabled. Twonky 4.17
Kodak EX811
Philips SL400i
Sonos ZP90
Tangent Quattro MKII

Post by Benneton » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:06 am

Same here no SMS style input anymore since I've upgraded to version 4.4.3.1, I hope that the next version wil fix this...
On another issue I got great and fast support from Twonky even during the weekends!!

My setup:
- Buffalo Terastation with Twonky 4.4.3.1
- Philips SL400i
- Kodak EX811 wireless pictureframe

_hendrik

Re: sms-style inputs for SL400i disappeared in v4.4.2?

Post by _hendrik » Wed May 14, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi,

the problem has finally been found.. It'll be fixed in v5 beta 2 or a maybe-to-be-released 4.4.6
version. A quick fix for all other twonky-media versions is:

Point your webbrowser to
http://<your-ip>:9000/rpc/set_option?uploadenabled=1
and restart the media server (e.g. with /rpc/restart).

By doing this, the "X_BrowseByLetter" capability of the Twonkymedia Server will also be enabled.

Hope that helps.
-Hendrik

Benneton
AV Hardware:Buffalo Terastation, firmware 2.17 login enabled. Twonky 4.17
Kodak EX811
Philips SL400i
Sonos ZP90
Tangent Quattro MKII

Post by Benneton » Sat May 17, 2008 2:53 pm

Great! I tried this and it works!!! :D :D

Thnx.

Bernard

blub
AV Hardware:Philips MX6000i
TwonkyMedia 3.1
TwonkyMedia 4.4.4

Post by blub » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:01 am

Hi,

I used TwonkyMedia 3.1 with an NSLU2 and my MX6000i for years. Everything worked fine.
Now, I replaced my NSLU2 with a Thecus 5200 Pro and thereby I upgraded to TwonkyMedia 4.4.4. In TM configuration page, I configured my MX6000i as Philipis Streamium AV.

Now I have the same problem, that the sms-style navigation does not work anymore. I tried –Hendrik’s hint (http://<your-ip>:9000/rpc/set_option?uploadenabled=1) and restarted the TM server. First, there was no change. After restarting my Streamium, it does not find TM server anymore. After rebooting Thecus, Streamium finds TM server, but sms-style navigation still does not work.

Any hints or ideas?

Thanks, Blub

thomma@odem.de
AV Hardware:a Thecus 5200 firmware 2.00.10 with a Twonkymediaserver Module 2.00.12
(i.e Twonkymedia Version 4.4.9) Netgear mp101 Phillips sl400i
TG100 Teac wap 5000

Post by thomma@odem.de » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi,
I´m running a Thecus 5200 firmware 2.00.10 with a Twonkymediaserver Module 2.00.12
(i.e Twonkymedia Version 4.4.9)
And just try various clients in the house, especially the Streamium 400i seems to be my current favourite under those U get relatively cheap , and run stable (I only use wired connections).
Just I do have the sms style problem (wich means there is no search)
Described in

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3956
.Also it is important to have the player and the server set to the same language.
The workaround described below works 4 me.

Hi,

the problem has finally been found.. It'll be fixed in v5 beta 2 or a maybe-to-be-released 4.4.6
version. A quick fix for all other twonky-media versions is:

Point your webbrowser to
http://<your-ip>:9000/rpc/set_option?uploadenabled=1
and restart the media server (e.g. with /rpc/restart).

By doing this, the "X_BrowseByLetter" capability of the Twonkymedia Server will also be enabled.

Now since i´m running a version higher than the one where the problem was supposed to be tackeld, i wander wether there is an option to put a commandline into my regular startuproutine (like in autostart) since I do have to restart the server quite often , especially since the system somehow does not accept the -1 value 4 continous monitoring of changes, but sets itself to 60 minutes….

I´d appreciate every hint.
Thanx a lot.

By the way somewhere (http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=106 ) I found a hint concerning the netgear 101 and it´s breakdowns and slow searches. It works really fine since I did set it manually to the rtp option in the clients settings menue on the twonky server. Maybee a similar approach would help in my case with the steamium 400i?

n5200twonky
AV Hardware:Thecus N5200 Twonkymodule 14 by peterfu (http://www.onbeat.dk/thecus/index.ph...e:_TWONKYMEDIA ) TEAC WAP 5000 ;Phillips SL400i; Netgear MP101;TG 100

Post by n5200twonky » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:14 am

Have now a Thecus N5200 Twonkymodule 2.00.14 Twonkyservr 5.0.46 running
Had the Version 2.00.13 installed, and the cpu running at 100% for days
Twonkymedia would not get done scanning.
Under Twonkimediamodule 12 (4.4.9) it used to be finished scanning after 2 Days. 13 worked fine at the beginning, but after a day of scanning neither my Phillips Sl400i nor my Teac Wap 5000 would see the server anymore.
After a restart the same things happened.(did not get a chance to try the Mp101)
Finally after the install of module 14 and a simultaneous login with both devices after trying a sms- style search on the Sl 400i it stopped working altogether.
I could not even disable the module any more.
So I decided to go for a new clean setup after having had all this different versions on the machine...and having read in some posts that a Twonky uninstall leaves the database untouched.

First I Updated the N5200 Firmware from 10 or so to 14.
Luckily I had sysuser and sshd Modules installed.
So i took Winscp (http://winscp.net/eng/docs/lang:de)
and deleted all Twonkymedia files in /raid0/data/module/TWONKYMEDIA to start over clean.
Still I could not enable, disable or reinstall the twonky module.
Therefore I copied the Module.db in raid0/data/module locally and took with the help of SQLLite 1.1 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... e_id=91778 ) all Twonkymedia related entries out of the db.
After renaming the original db copying back the edited one onto the system and rebooting I was able to perform a clean Installation the regular way.

Now 1.5 hours later it did already find half the songs and is the server is still online 4 both devices.
By the way the Sms-style issue with the Sl400i seems to be solved at least for the folder view. Maybee the artist database part is not ready yet?. at least everything on the right window of the SL400i is blinking - Hope this goes and the box stops freezing on search in Artists.
Does anybody know anything about limitations in folder depth or the numbers of songs or restrictions on fonts and acsons ´ and other special Fonts in French and Spanish Artists names 4 the new release?
So far great guys at Twonkymedia but some bugsleft?
In case I get a result I’ll here and at the twonky site on the Phillips devices sms-style thread- and the other Nas and other OS one-- since there is (jet?) no own Folder 4 issues concerning the new .5. release.
I guess the twonkyforum will be a mess. Time 4 a .5. subdirectory!!!

Big Tanxx to Peterfu 4 his continuing donations to the Thecus community

Guess I have to get into Linux after all--- well it´s a start .....