alphabetic order confussion

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
sehested
alphabetic order confussion

Post by sehested » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:25 pm

I got a Qnap TS-109 (newest firmware) with the twonkymedia server installed. I got at problem when i use it with my PS3. some of the folders are ordrer alphabetic and some are not. The songs in each folder shouldnt be ordered alphabetic but the folders should be. How is it possible to do that?

The way it its now some folder maps are ordere and some are not, and also some songs are ordere which they shouldnt be and some arent.

GregiBoy
AV Hardware:Zensonic Z500 x 2, Ziova CS-505, D-Link DSM-320, iPaq RX3715, TwonkyVision 4.4.3 Windows XP, TVersity

Re: alphabetic order confussion

Post by GregiBoy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:07 am

sehested wrote:I got a Qnap TS-109 (newest firmware) with the twonkymedia server installed. I got at problem when i use it with my PS3. some of the folders are ordrer alphabetic and some are not. The songs in each folder shouldnt be ordered alphabetic but the folders should be. How is it possible to do that?

The way it its now some folder maps are ordere and some are not, and also some songs are ordere which they shouldnt be and some arent.
This depends on your client and also your ID tags.

You can fine tune your client with entries like XM: IGNORESORT in your clients.db and you must have your tags correct.

Use something like MediaMonkey to get your tags correct.