Twonky (4.4.2) PS3 (1.9) and G4PowerPC Mac: Unsupported Data

everything about MacOS
speedngheadphone
Twonky (4.4.2) PS3 (1.9) and G4PowerPC Mac: Unsupported Data

Post by speedngheadphone » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:29 pm

I've been trying to get Twonky to work after decided to try it out. I've been reading all the posts and I've tried a number of things, changing my router channel from 11 to increase signal strength, located and turned on UPnP in my router config, and opened up the TCP 9000 and UDP ports on my firewall.

I've pointed to alot of content in the Twonky Config page, most of which is .mp4 AAC files (about 12000 of them), plus pictures from iPhoto's library, and some video files which are converted for iTunes play back, which I'm not concerned about at the moment...but from what I've read, they are the same formats that the ps3 supports.

Twonky has also located and correctly identified my PS3 in it's client list, but the content on my ps3 still comes up as unsupported data...the folders are all there with their correct names, but I go to listen to say AC/DC and I've got a folder of 8 files (number of tracks on the album) that are blank and say "Unsupported Data" and I tried playing them anyway...no go. Same for the pictures.

The videos I'm not worried about yet, I figure if I can fix the others, they'll be fixed. Since it all seems to have the same problem

If anybody could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

And on behalf of Sony and Apple, I appologize in advance for yet another Twonky Mac PS3 post.

Thanks.

Elric2176

Re: Twonky (4.4.2) PS3 (1.9) and G4PowerPC Mac: Unsupported

Post by Elric2176 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:09 pm

speedngheadphone wrote: I've pointed to alot of content in the Twonky Config page, most of which is .mp4 AAC files (about 12000 of them), plus pictures from iPhoto's library, and some video files which are converted for iTunes play back, which I'm not concerned about at the moment...but from what I've read, they are the same formats that the ps3 supports.

Twonky has also located and correctly identified my PS3 in it's client list, but the content on my ps3 still comes up as unsupported data...the folders are all there with their correct names, but I go to listen to say AC/DC and I've got a folder of 8 files (number of tracks on the album) that are blank and say "Unsupported Data" and I tried playing them anyway...no go. Same for the pictures.
I've had the same problem getting mp4/m4a files using Twonky on my D-Link DNS-323 NAS to play on the PS3.

JPEG pictures, MP4 movies, and MP3 music files work fine.

I've seen no definitive posts here from anyone who has been able to make AAC files work on the PS3 via Twonky. Perhaps a future software update will fix this? Or since you're running Twonky on a computer, not a NAS, maybe there's a possibility of transcoding to MP3?

Elric2176

4.4.3 Beta 1 solves this problem

Post by Elric2176 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:23 pm

I installed the Beta, and now my AAC .M4A files play fine. (I also have PS3 system 2.0 installed; I don't know if that makes a difference.)
D-Link DNS-323 NAS; PS3 (v1.9)