Internet Radio Setup

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Chipmunk
Internet Radio Setup

Post by Chipmunk » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:50 pm

I am trying to get the internet radio to work on TonkyMedia 4.2 (latest version released for the Freecom FSG). I am accessing it though an Internet Explorer browser on port 9000 and while I can get a list of Internet Radio stations, they do not play when I click on them (a Quicktime window appears but there is no sound).

Grateful for any help.

Regards
C

sonic

Post by sonic » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:07 pm

I had the same problem with Twonky 4.2.
Never got the sound to work when I had the Quicktime window.
I got the Twonky media player to work by changing the sound file (MP3..WMA) association to another player application like Windows Media Player or Winamp. You might need to experiment a bit either in the player (winamp, windows media player) file association settings or the file associations settings in windows explorer itself to get this to work.

I made MP3's File association "default" in Windows Media Player settings and then made MP3 default association to Winamp after that by changing it in Windows Explorer: Tools\Folders\...). I'm using Windows XP. It was the only way that I could get Winamp to play my MP3s on default and yet have Windows Media Player come up as the default player when I wanted to use the Twonky media player. Hope that I'm making sense here, I'm not the best at explaining my answers. I might be talking a crock here, but it worked this way for me.

Chipmunk

Internet Radio Setup

Post by Chipmunk » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:30 am

Fantastic! Worked perfectly. Many thanks for your help.
:lol: