here are my collected findings on 188.8.131.52:
TV 184.108.40.206running on SuSE Linux 10.1
PS3, FW 2.10
RokuSoundbridge 1001, FW 3.x
Kodak EX811, FW 200710x
- AVI files stream fine, no problems
- All AVI files have no codec information given (minor issue)
- Most of my music is not playing (mp3, wma and wav) -> corrupt data
- All cover art in mp3 is not detected
- No cover art in video files
- Pictures show fine
Everything seems to be fine, no issues with mp3/wma/wav playback
(Internet radio not tested)
- Pictures load fine
BUT: Since the Kodak is not capable to show files AND folders in in one view there is a strong disadvantage the way TV handles tags:
Let's say 50 pictures have the tag "Home", and 20 out of them have the additional tag "Kitchen".
TV will allow to navigate through these tags by the following structure:
Code: Select all
| |- Kitchen -- Pic31
| | |- Pic32
| | |...
| | |- Pic50
| |- Pic01
| |- Pic02
| |- Pic30
Because of this structure the Kodak cannot show/access Pic01 to Pic30.
I know this is an issue with the Kodak but since it is listed as supported device I think it should be taken in consideration.
My suggestion is to add the - ALL - tag to every folder (like its already done with Music and Videos), so one can chose - ALL - in the mentioned Home folder and will see just plain all pictures (in the above case Pic01 to Pic50)
General issues (client independent):
- The ability to list pictures by their description/title is completely gone (worked fine in 4.4.2), all I see is - ALL -
That's all (so far)