PS3 issues/problems

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Hard_Charger
PS3 issues/problems

Post by Hard_Charger » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:44 am

Hopefully this isn't piling on, but . . .

Just installed twonky v. 4.4.2 and designated a directory with only pictures for "content location." Named the server "twonky."

Twonky immediately picked up the ip address of my PS3. My PS3 also found the server named "twonky."

The problem is that although my PS3 recognizes the twonky server, there is apparently no content streaming to the PS3. The twonky web interface indicates that there are 18,893 files being shared, but nothing is available on the PS3!

Any advice?

Port 9000 is not blocked.

Thanks!

Angel67

4.4.3.1 works

Post by Angel67 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:57 pm

It works,
4.4.3.1 is the answer...

Thanks Christian

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Make sure you are accessing Video through the Video XMB navigation, and Music through the Music one..

It's easy to be browsing the wrong node looking for the wrong file types!!
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

HHaynes

Post by HHaynes » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:30 am

That is one of the most annoying things about navigating on the PS3.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:14 am

HHaynes wrote:That is one of the most annoying things about navigating on the PS3.
I know. What were Sony thinking. I am suprised it's still no been addressed..
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

BerndHennig

PS3 - where is the sound

Post by BerndHennig » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:22 pm

G`Day,

I just managed to play BlueRay DVDs via Optical on my stereo (Onkyo with AC 5.1) - but when I try it with some sounds form Twonky (4.4.3) or with some videos I can see the (video)content but no sound......

(Noxon is working fine !)

Whats wrong.... ?

Tnx for help
--
Bernd W. Hennig

TheShadowRunner

Post by TheShadowRunner » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:35 pm

mgillespie wrote:
HHaynes wrote:That is one of the most annoying things about navigating on the PS3.
I know. What were Sony thinking. I am suprised it's still no been addressed..
Well, since competitors products don't have the issue, my guess is that it's a twonky issue :p

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:39 am

TheShadowRunner wrote:
Well, since competitors products don't have the issue, my guess is that it's a twonky issue :p
What products? All the servers I have tried (WMP11, Nero, MediaTomb) all work in the same way, and show the extra uneeded nodes, which I why I was laying the blame in Sony's court...

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Re: PS3 - where is the sound

Post by mgillespie » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:41 am

BerndHennig wrote:G`Day,

I just managed to play BlueRay DVDs via Optical on my stereo (Onkyo with AC 5.1) - but when I try it with some sounds form Twonky (4.4.3) or with some videos I can see the (video)content but no sound......

(Noxon is working fine !)

Whats wrong.... ?

Tnx for help
Copy one of the files to a memory stick, and load it up locally. Does the sound work then? If not, then it's not a streaming issue, it's a PS3 playback issue. Try playing with the Sound Settings in the PS3 system settings menu, perhaps you are trying to output in a format the amp does not understand (I would hope it understands PCM48 2 Channel!!!)

TheShadowRunner

Post by TheShadowRunner » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:35 pm

mgillespie wrote:
TheShadowRunner wrote:
What products? All the servers I have tried (WMP11, Nero, MediaTomb) all work in the same way, and show the extra uneeded nodes, which I why I was laying the blame in Sony's court...
Try FUPPES.
Later,

TSR