ps3 vob streaming problem - and resolution?

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
toothgrinder
AV Hardware:ps3, buffalo terastation live 4tb, twonky media server
ps3 vob streaming problem - and resolution?

Post by toothgrinder » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:59 am

I've recently been having some problems streaming some VOBs I'd backed-up from from my dvd collection - for example *** season 2 works flawlessly, but some episodes of season 3 play ok for a few minutes then start to stutter.

I noticed that while the problem was occuring, the ps3 was displaying the audio as switching between 5.1 and 2.0, so I tried ripping the VOB (dvddecrypter) without the 2.0 audio stream - and that appears to have worked around the issue.

I don't know why some episodes suffer from this problem and some don't - has anybody else experienced similar problems?

note that playing the VOBs back via wmplayer on my pc works fine. the stuttering only occurs when streaming via twonky (I'm using 4.4.4 on a buffalo terastation live)
Last edited by toothgrinder on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyakugei
AV Hardware:Qnap TS-109, PS3

Re: ps3 vob streaming problem - and resolution?

Post by hyakugei » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:12 pm

My only suggestion is to increase the "streaming buffer" size. I can't remember where that setting is, but it might help.

Good luck!
jos

TwinMoonsAnime

Re: ps3 vob streaming problem - and resolution?

Post by TwinMoonsAnime » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:01 am

I usually rip using only one audio stream. However, I've had some vob files that when played back get this strobing effect with a green image which makes it completely un-watchable. They play fine on the PC but for some reason on the PS3 they get the strobing effect as if every other frame is a green screen.