Faulty Noxon 2

doggydoo
AV Hardware:QNAP NAS, 2 x Bluesound Flex, Pulse Mini, Node 2 and Node 2i.
Arcam CD73T + Arcam A70 + Monitor Audio RS6.
Faulty Noxon 2

Post by doggydoo » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi, I know this probably isn't the right place to post this but I've run out of ideas of who or where to ask about a problem with my Noxon 2.

The audio output seems to suffer quite badly from clicks and pops and it's mostly on the Right Line Out. Has anyone else come across this or know of any good Noxon forums ?

TIA,

doggydoo

tobias

Post by tobias » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi,

I had the same problem. I have sent the device back to TerraTec and got a new one. Problem solved ;.-)

Seems to be a well known issue - they did not ask many questions.

Regards,
Tobias

doggydoo

Post by doggydoo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:25 pm

Thanks for the info, I guessed that might be the case.

I might have a problem getting it sorted under warranty because I bought it via ebay from Germany.

Oh well, I'll try Terratec but I don't hold out much hope.

jbjorgan

Noxon 2 Line out "pops"

Post by jbjorgan » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:37 am

I've experienced the same problems myself. The dealer sent me a new one, and the same sounds reappeared after 5 hours use. Pity, 'cause I quite enjoy the little gadget. I'll give the dealer one more chance.

st.lui

Post by st.lui » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi,
I just installed a my first Noxon2. It runs quiet ok but with every new song in a playlist or with every change of program there is a click-noise. Just one click. Is this the prob this thread was about? or did you guys suffered from more clicking?

l8r
st.lui

doggydoo

Post by doggydoo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:58 pm

The pops and clicks were very frequent during playing, just like a dry joint or loose connection.

I emailed Terratec and they gave me an RMA to send it back to Germany, unfortunately I've been quite ill so haven't sent it back yet.

From what you've described it doesn't sound as if your fault is the same.

regards,

doggydoo

qnapuser

Post by qnapuser » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm now on my third Noxon 2 after the first two suffered this problem (crackling on one of the analog outputs). The first one was replaced by Terratec, the second was returned marked "The hardware has been modified".

It's working ok - I would be interested to know what the modification was!

John

doggydoo

Re: Faulty Noxon 2

Post by doggydoo » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:07 pm

So would I .

I never got round to sending mine back. I've got it in bits at work and am slowly working my way through it but haven't found the fault.
If it's a hardware mod that's needed then I suppose I'll be buggered, if it's a faulty component then I might suss it.

I live in hope.

doggydoo
Synology DS106e with Twonky 4.4.9, Zyxel DMA1000 and Noxon 2.

Budgie

Re:

Post by Budgie » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:08 am

tobias wrote:Hi,

I had the same problem. I have sent the device back to TerraTec and got a new one. Problem solved ;.-)

Seems to be a well known issue - they did not ask many questions.

Regards,
Tobias
I didnt have a clicking problem but a significant hum on one channel. TerraTec swapped the machine wothout argument.
The new one has a lesser hum on both channels but it is acceptable and may be minimised by adjusting split of gain between Noxon 2 and main amplifier. Compared with the problems I have had with both of my Netgear MP101s, the Noxon 2 is wonderful.

tobias

Post by tobias » Mon May 05, 2008 1:52 pm

Did it say: "Seems to be a well known issue - they did not ask many questions. " above?
Interesting - the new Noxon 2 device that I received from Terratec had the same problem recently. I have sent it back once again and got it back fixed. Now it's OK again.
They marked it as "The hardware has been modified".
Regards,
Tobias

qnapuser

Post by qnapuser » Mon May 05, 2008 9:02 pm

tobias wrote:Did it say: "Seems to be a well known issue - they did not ask many questions. " above?
Interesting - the new Noxon 2 device that I received from Terratec had the same problem recently. I have sent it back once again and got it back fixed. Now it's OK again.
They marked it as "The hardware has been modified".
Regards,
Tobias
I have a "The hardware has been modified" returned unit from Terratec. It no longer crackles but I feel the overall sound quality (via analog out) is not quite as good as it was before. Sound seems less dynamic and the bass not as extended - I wonder if the DACs were changed?

John

Yanndewael

Post by Yanndewael » Tue May 20, 2008 9:18 am

FYI, I had the same problem, but didn't want to send it back to Terratec.
I solved the issue by using the digital output, which works very fine.

doggydoo

Post by doggydoo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:38 pm

F I X E D I T ! ! ! ! ! ! Woo Hoo.

It did turn out to be a dry joint, resoldered everything around the analogue audio circuitry and lo and behold it now works perfectly :D

Only down side is I just bought a DAC off fleabay about an hour ago for £25.00 :( , still I can investigate which one gives the better audio ?

Now a happy owner of a Synology DS106e streaming to a Noxon 2 and a Zyxel DMA1000.

Thanks for everyones previous comments.

doggydoo
Synology DS106e with Twonky 4.4.9, Zyxel DMA1000 and Noxon 2.