Videos cause connection to drop

Other OS or NAS discussions
nikp
AV Hardware:MyBook World Edition 500GB NAS, TwonkyMedia 4.4.4, Netgear Router DG834G, XBOX 360, DENON AVR 1907 receiver.
Videos cause connection to drop

Post by nikp » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi,

First time poster here. Hoping someone might be able to help.

I've been running twonky media on my Western Digital MyBook World Edition 500GB NAS for about 6 months now. It's running through a wired connection to a Netgear DG834G router, then wired directly to my XBOX 360 via a hub. This has been working top notch for all this time, until very recently. Music and pictures are fine, and always have been. However a problem with video has manifested itself recently whilst playing AVI on the xbox. Some videos, but not all, suddenly come up on the xbox with the error message '53-c00df238' and the connection to the NAS (Note not just the twonky, but the whole NAS) drops. After a short period this comes back, but the video will drop the connection again. Last night i tried an experiment with trying to play the video directly through the web browse facility of twonky media, and interestly this failed to play on the same videos that failed on the xbox. So i do not think the issue is with the xbox, but with the hardware/software that feeds the xbox.

Can anyone help? This is driving me mad!