FLAC, M4A, WMA, etc.

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
rmkmonk
AV Hardware:Helios X5000 Wireless Streamer
IcyBox IB-4220-NAS
FLAC, M4A, WMA, etc.

Post by rmkmonk » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 pm

I am using the trial version of Twonkymedia 4.4.9 with an NAS (IcyBox 4220) and a Helios X5000 media player. Before I started out using my NAS and Twonky I streamed from my PC, and the Helios played all the formats that it is designed to play (e.g. FLAC, WMA, M4A, etc.). Now I have re-configured so that the Helios uses the NAS as its server. The server is recognised, music tracks appear in the tree structure (on the TV), but they are not playable: none of the above. Yet in the blurb on Twonky's website it says that it will play:

Music: MP3, WMA, WAV, 3GP, M4A, MP4, LPCM, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP2, AC3, MPA, MP1, AIF, ASF
Photo: JPEG, PNG, TIF, BMP, GIF
Video: MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG2-TS, MPEG4, AVI, WMV, VOB, DivX, 3GP, VDR, ASF, MPE, DVR-MS, Xvid, M1V, M4V
Internet Radio: vTuner, Shoutcast
Playlists: WPL, PLS, M3U

Are certain formats restricted because I am using a trial version? I really would like to know before buying, and I hope that I am not the only one who is puzzled by this software's promises compared to what it actually delivers.

Let's have an answer from Twonky, please!