Is anyone working at Twonky?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Kos
Is anyone working at Twonky?

Post by Kos » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:10 pm

For years the homepage hasn't changed. Only sign of life is when Christian Gran turns op in the forum once in a while. If the people behind want to expand the customer base it is about time they make their only selling point - the homepage - look like it is from 2008. Don't get me wrong - I love the product and have been using it for years... I just don't get the "no-sell-tactics"...

/Kos
Setup: D-link635/Linksys(wifi), PhilipsSLA5520/Noxon iRadio, Sonos ZP90+ZP120+S5+CR200, iPod Touch & iPad2, Twonky6.0.30(server), MaxtorSS+/Qnap TS-109+112 (NAS'es), MediaMonkey 4(media manager)

ThyMaster

Re: Is anyone working at Twonky?

Post by ThyMaster » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:38 am

Hmmm,

I'm in the same situation as you (being a loyal user for years...)
Maybe my post here http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 113#p20113 point to the real truth...

- ThyMaster

Kos

Post by Kos » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:59 am

ThyMaster - you are probably right - I am sorry to say. Since Twonky is the only GOOD UPnP mediaserver working on a NAS it is SO sad nothing happens. Only one explanation in a capitalistic world seems logical: The demand must be way too small. How sad.

/Kos
Setup: D-link635/Linksys(wifi), PhilipsSLA5520/Noxon iRadio, Sonos ZP90+ZP120+S5+CR200, iPod Touch & iPad2, Twonky6.0.30(server), MaxtorSS+/Qnap TS-109+112 (NAS'es), MediaMonkey 4(media manager)

k1200rs
AV Hardware:Does no longer attend this forum.

Post by k1200rs » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:02 pm

Indeed, it seems the Twonkyvision team is very busy developing the new TMM which, BTW, seems very promising.

I hope Twonky / Packet thanked Mark (mgillespie) because he was the only one keeping the ship afloat (although the water is very high now).
The whole user community should thank Mark.
He has been helping many new or existing users in absence of Twonky/Packet video team and it seems that even Mark was not kept informed (and involved)... (see http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 296#p20296)...how sad.

What prevented Twonky/Packet from communicating or even updating the Web site? Too busy developing TMM?...yeah....to the point where:
1) Existing customers lost faith and just went away
2) Potential customers would not buy the product.

In 2008 with the Web/Internet, developing products without communicating is a nonsense. As I said elsewhere, this should become a business case for business schools. I am not saying here that Twonky should have spent 8 Hrs a day answering messages in this forum, but some visibility (product plan and future), some explanations, some support would have kep the user community loyal. 1Hr or 2 Hrs per weeks, that would have been enough.

Twonky 5.0b media server is still a leading product in many respects, it is a great application.

probedb
AV Hardware:PS3

Post by probedb » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:16 pm

If you read my topic I just posted, it seems they don't even care about signing up new users because no-one responds to billing/support problems.

It's very unfortunate as it works really well.