Can't view videos any more??

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
garyfritz
AV Hardware:Lacie Big Disk, PS3, CRT projector, etc
Can't view videos any more??

Post by garyfritz » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:03 pm

I have a LaCie NAS with a built-in Twonky server. I rip DVDs using Handbrake into mp4 format and play them on my PS3. This has worked fine in the past.

I haven't used my PS3 for media-served files for a while, but I just ripped a few new DVDs and went to check them on the PS3. The PS3 sees the media server, and it sees the new and old mp4 files, but they're all "Unsupported data" -- even the ones that have worked great in the past!

I haven't updated my PS3 firmware for a long time, so nothing has changed there. I rebooted the PS3 and the Twonky server without any change. Browsing to http://twonky:9000/webbrowse in Firefox seems to serve the files to my PC fine, so it may be the PS3's fault.

Any guesses why this quit working??
Gary

garyfritz
AV Hardware:Lacie Big Disk, PS3, CRT projector, etc

Re: Can't view videos any more??

Post by garyfritz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:45 pm

I figured it out. Twonky stores the IP address of any media players it sees. I run DHCP on my LAN. Since the last time I'd successfully used Twonky, my PS3 had gotten a different IP assignment and it conflicted with another host. Clearing the client table fixed the problem, and I set a fixed IP on the PS3 so it shouldn't happen again.