No Internet Radio with MediaServer 5?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
alanrab
No Internet Radio with MediaServer 5?

Post by alanrab » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Ok, I give up. I've used Twonky 4.x for years with great success on my Netgear MP101 clients. I had access to Internet Radio stations via the enabling of Shoutcast.

Now, I'm checking out MediaServer 5 on the MP101, using my Vista PC as the server. I see there are Media Feeds which seem to relate to Internet Radio stations. Many of the boxes are pre-checked upon install of the software (I note however that I cannot save any changes to those pre-checked options - they are not remembered upon my attempts to save them). But there is no Internet Radio option on either the Media Browser or on my MP101 clients.

What gives?

roberte

Re: No Internet Radio with MediaServer 5?

Post by roberte » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:42 pm

Same Problem(s): Radio choice changes don't save and no Radio anyway....

Linux - Ubuntu

Watchmaker
AV Hardware:DSM 520

Post by Watchmaker » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Same Deal here. Running on an WinXP box with Zone Alarm. Tried w/ ZA shutdown; no help.

Check boxes are there for Radio Station Genres, but no station list in Media Browser.

Regards,

Dewey

MaXimaN
AV Hardware:Netgear MP101, Windows 7 Media Center

Post by MaXimaN » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:23 pm

In "Music" you can find an entry for "Handpicked Radio" which seems to be the default set provided through MediaServer (although quite a few of these don't work). Like others, I find that changes to the check boxes in Genres - or to anything else on the Media Feeds page - are not saved.

I also have a problem where M3U playlists containing links to Internet radio stations get processed but then I cannot find those stations anywhere in the navigation either on my Netgear MP101 or via the MediaServer Media Browser. :(

I am using v5.0.61.

MaXimaN

Post by MaXimaN » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:55 pm

I've rolled back to version 4 and everything is fine again. Radio stations appear (including ones I have aded manually via M3U files) and I can deselect genres again.

MaXimaN

Post by MaXimaN » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:02 pm

So the "cannot change checkboxes" thing appears to be a restriction on the trial version of MediaServer 5. Is this mentioned anywhere? I searched the docs and these forums and eventually found one mention that it was a restriction. So what else is restricted in the trial version?

With that mystery solved (by registering) I still can't seem to get Internet radio stations added via M3U playlists to appear. In version 4 the Shoutcast option had to be enabled for the Internet Radio option to be available at all. In version 5 the option is not available - so what gives?

Any help with this would be appreciated. I've forked over my cash for the registered version and can't seem to get this fundamental feature to work.

EDIT: RevisionHistory.txt reveals: - 5.0.x has no support for Internet Radio :shock:

walshchristopherj

Post by walshchristopherj » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:49 pm

I purchased the upgrade from version 4 yesterday only to find out that Internet Radio isn't working. I wish I had known beforehand because I wouldn't have wasted my money.

maccmann
AV Hardware:Max OS X (10.4.6) Server on a G4 733 (Digital Audio) PowerMac with 1.5GB RAM, 10/100/1000TX jacked into a 10/100 Router from a Roadrunner Broadband connection. Xbox 360 Premium (20GB HD) wired via ethernet to the router using DHCP.

Post by maccmann » Sat May 30, 2009 1:44 am

I am having similar issues. I downloaded TwonkyMS to get this specific feature because connect 360 (for the Mac) doesn't support this feature, hoping thaqt I'd be able to listen to Shoutcast Stations on my 360 through my stereo.

Any list of any Shoutcast ANYthing doesn't show up as a selectable item in the 360's menu when connected to my Mac via Twonky.

So, I am not even sure what I should be seeing that I am obviously not.

Any and all ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Sat May 30, 2009 10:42 am

Hi

I'm using the Netgear forum (super-poussin) version of Twonky 5.0.55 on a ReadyNAS and the radio works well. I have two entries on the music tree; one 'Shoutcast' and the other 'Handpicked Radio' each of which have genres, station index etc.

I use a custom music tree but noticed that after the initial installation (or a full database rebuild) they don't show on the list. Resubmitting the choice to Mediafusion brings up handpicked radio and changing views (say from advanced default to simple, saving, then changing back and saving) brings Shoutcast back to the list.

I'm not sure if the second trick is specific to my custom music tree, but since it only takes a few seconds to try, you might as well give it a go and see if it works on your setups.

Bri