Full Twonky 4.3 on Lacie ethernet disc mini - IT NOW WORKS

Other OS or NAS discussions
ralnar

Post by ralnar » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:36 pm

Got the Twonky 4.4.2 update and the admin page and installed them OK.
Installed the twonky update first, and then the admin page right after. Tried the admin page and got the ugly red screen, but a restart cured that.

They are just a google away, think I put in "lacie twonky admin" in google.
You can find download links here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/arc ... 13091.html

The edmini was running steady for a month or so, bu the last week it has gone incommunicado almost daily. Let's see if this helps.
The media browser works fine now at least!

M.J.

Post by M.J. » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:49 pm

Thnx ralnar.

Installed 4.4.2 and got full acces again to the mediabrowser and finally the playlist-bug for XBOX360 is history now.

peste19

Post by peste19 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:07 pm

when i access my lacie mapped drive it doesn't ask me for my login or password but when i try to access it from my computer i have to input the login details how can i stop this?

neoalban
AV Hardware:Lacie ethernet big disk

Re: Full Twonky 4.3 on Lacie ethernet disc mini - IT NOW WORKS

Post by neoalban » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi,
May you tell what is the password to access to my disk on port 3689 ? May you give the files too please ?
Alban.

ralnar

Post by ralnar » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Well, my EDMini seems to have died after 10 months. Plugging it in it it doesnt start, just makes a ticking noise like a clock, and doesnt respond to the onoff-button. I saw a firmware reset method, holding in and releasing the button in a certain sequence to get the blue light flashing, but it doesnt respond so I guess that's it. Harddrive bust?
Sorry for this being OT but I needed to vent. I'll have to get it off to Lacie for service, but that'll have to wait a week or so as I'll be off on a trip.
If you have tips or link to Lacie/NAS-specific forum I'd be thankful.

lacieuser
AV Hardware:LaCie Ethernet Mini Disk (gigabit) 500gb

Post by lacieuser » Fri May 02, 2008 10:25 am

Hello. I have a few questions. I have a gigE lacie mini disk unit. I am running version 1.1.2.1. I've had the unit for a little over a month. Up until this afternoon, I thought things were working fine. I use it as cross platform file storage and a media server. This afternoon, I started digging into the "old stuff" ripping away those dusty CD's from the past and found a bug on my LaCie drive that prevents the media server from properly reindexing the database, causing no newly added files to show up and therefore incorrectly broadcasting files to iTunes. There is a patch avial for that and after I installed it on the LaCie, it works great. Except... Up until I installed this patch, from iTunes, my LaCie drive showed up as "MyNas Firefly Media Server" WTF??? I assumed it was using Firefly media server on the NAS. (in fact, I found the patch on the firefly forum site) However, none of the admin ports work right if it is Firefly. When I go to http://edmini:9000, I get the red screen discussed earlier in this thread. Soooo... I'm assuming it is in fact Twonky and not Firefly. But... How can I tell?

How can I get the latest update to the firmware? Twonky 4.3? The LaCie site appears to be useless for tech support. How can I get the twonky admin page utility? I assume this will tell me what version of Twonky the NAS is actually running. How can I control the Media Server a little better? My xbox 360 can't see it, neither can my airport express. Both my Windows and Mac iTunes see the shared library but there is no album art and the name of the library from iTunes is now "EDmini" and NOT the name assigned to the NAS.

Please pardon me for asking stupid questions, I didn't even know Twonky existed until this afternoon. Is there a client that works for Linux? Is there just a client like there is for firefly?

Also, I'm assuming I can serve video but have yet been unable to make *ANY* thing like that work.
-Thanks

ralnar

Post by ralnar » Sat May 03, 2008 9:56 pm

There is a patch for accessing the Twonky admin page. Discussed earlier in this thread.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3t5it93bkeh

steve0
AV Hardware:AV hardware

Post by steve0 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:37 am

Thank you for info!I get it!Thank you!

Chantal
AV Hardware:laCie ethernet minidisk (HIPSERV) with pre-installed TwonkyMedia, NETGEAR router, T+A musicplayer

Post by Chantal » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a Lacie Ethernet Minidisk (with pre-installed Twonkey) and have the same problem as so many of you.... I have received the update (Twonky 4.4 etc.) from the Lacie-support-site, but i don't know how I can make an firmware-update. I can't find an option to select a file in the webinterface: all I can choose is the option to look for updates on the Internet. :(

Is there enyone who can help me????

Tnx!
Chantal - Holland

padmaker
AV Hardware:Lacie Eithernet Disk Mini V2
PS3, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Ubuntu 9.04

Post by padmaker » Wed May 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Hey whatever you got please send me them. email padmakerman@yahoo.com
I am having so much trouble with the Lacie Eithenet Disk Mini V2.
UPNP works fine, but Itunes and all other program (linux or windows) only shows 626 songs even though i have 4000.
Can't even get Windows Media Server to work.
I have reformated and gone back and forth with thier updates 1.01, 1.2.1 and i still get the same thing.
Maybe what you have will work for me.
Maybe you could also send me brief instructions. Anything will help, as whatever tech support tells me to do, it doesn't work.

padmaker
AV Hardware:Lacie Eithernet Disk Mini V2
PS3, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Ubuntu 9.04

Post by padmaker » Wed May 13, 2009 1:34 pm

lacieuser wrote:Hello. I have a few questions. I have a gigE lacie mini disk unit. I am running version 1.1.2.1. I've had the unit for a little over a month. Up until this afternoon, I thought things were working fine. I use it as cross platform file storage and a media server. This afternoon, I started digging into the "old stuff" ripping away those dusty CD's from the past and found a bug on my LaCie drive that prevents the media server from properly reindexing the database, causing no newly added files to show up and therefore incorrectly broadcasting files to iTunes. There is a patch avial for that and after I installed it on the LaCie, it works great. Except... Up until I installed this patch, from iTunes, my LaCie drive showed up as "MyNas Firefly Media Server" WTF??? I assumed it was using Firefly media server on the NAS. (in fact, I found the patch on the firefly forum site) However, none of the admin ports work right if it is Firefly. When I go to http://edmini:9000, I get the red screen discussed earlier in this thread. Soooo... I'm assuming it is in fact Twonky and not Firefly. But... How can I tell?

How can I get the latest update to the firmware? Twonky 4.3? The LaCie site appears to be useless for tech support. How can I get the twonky admin page utility? I assume this will tell me what version of Twonky the NAS is actually running. How can I control the Media Server a little better? My xbox 360 can't see it, neither can my airport express. Both my Windows and Mac iTunes see the shared library but there is no album art and the name of the library from iTunes is now "EDmini" and NOT the name assigned to the NAS.

Please pardon me for asking stupid questions, I didn't even know Twonky existed until this afternoon. Is there a client that works for Linux? Is there just a client like there is for firefly?

Also, I'm assuming I can serve video but have yet been unable to make *ANY* thing like that work.
-Thanks
Hey i had your version installed and was told to revert to 1.01. After that, the server states Twonky media server. I never heard about this before either. Anyway, if tech support tells you to revert to this, it doesn't work.

Mikki57
AV Hardware:Philips SLM5500
LaCie ED Mini

Post by Mikki57 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi

Please could you send the patches to psymyk@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

Regards

Mick