iTunes Import / Scanning not working

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
clow
AV Hardware:PS3 and Windows Home Server
iTunes Import / Scanning not working

Post by clow » Tue May 12, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm using the latest version of TwonkyMedia Server (5.0.61) on an HP MediaSmart Server. I uninstalled the provided TwonkyMedia Server from HP and installed the full product directly on the server. At my first install, I unchecked the box to do the iTunes scan. After I was satisfied will all my settings and how my files were stored on the server - I wanted to do the iTunes scan. Since there doesn't appear to be a straightforward way to do the after the fact, I reinstalled the server - this time checking the box. Nothing happened. I then uninstalled the server fully and then installed it again - checking the box for the iTunes Import. Again, nothing happened. However, when the last install took place - I paid attention to all the items Twonky reported during the installation. I saw that it ran iTunes-Import.exe and then deleted the itunes.ini that was created. I felt that was odd. I then went into the command line and ran the iTunes-Import.exe and played around with that many times based on the command line parameters. No matter what I try, the iTunes.ini file keeps reporting that it can't find the "iTunes Music Library.xml" - which most likely explains why nothing is happening. I've specifically named the file as a parameter on the command line. I've also changed it just to the path. I've tried spelling the parameter both -itunes-lib and -ituneslib - neither works. My version of iTunes doesn't have an "iTunes Music Library.xml", it has a "iTunes Library.xml". This shouldn't matter. My TwonkyMedia Server 4.4 on my TeraMedia station was able to use my playlists from iTunes with no problem. I've attached a print screen of the command line run of iTunes-Import.

Any thoughts / suggestions / help would be very appreciated!!!

Thanks!
itunes-import.jpg
Print Screen of itunes-import.exe running from command-line.
itunes-import.jpg (67.53KiB)Viewed 3674 times

clow
AV Hardware:PS3 and Windows Home Server

Re: iTunes Import / Scanning not working

Post by clow » Fri May 15, 2009 3:53 am

Silly me - the main twonky .ini file had the wrong path. Changed that and presto - my playlists are now showing up!