HELP - The Data is Corrupted

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
pk1209
AV Hardware:PS3 connecting to PC running Vista Home Premium with Twonky installed.
HELP - The Data is Corrupted

Post by pk1209 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:35 am

Hi folks,

All of a sudden I seem to be getting a message saying "The Data is Corrupted" when trying to stream files through my PS3! It mainly seems to be HD movies converted to mpg with mkv2vob and it also only seems to be files that have been in my library for a while (ie. newly converted files play fine). The files play without any problem on my PC and have previously worked without any problem when streaming.

I'm using Twonky Media Server 5.0.61.

This is obviously doing my head in so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Pete

pk1209
AV Hardware:PS3 connecting to PC running Vista Home Premium with Twonky installed.

Re: HELP - The Data is Corrupted

Post by pk1209 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Bump - any help with this? Some support would be nice since it's a paid for product!

I've tried the beta version - 5.0.65 same issue. I have uninstalled completely and re-installed 5.0.61 and same issue.

I have ran a media server from WMP 11 and Tversity and both stream the content not working with Twonky fine.

I do like Twonky (it's why I bought it!) but this is a serious issue as all of a sudden it's just stopped streaming most of my files and only Twonky is giving me this grief!

Help would be much appreciated!

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:30 pm

Make sure your client table is correct. If it's not detecting your PS3 as a PS3, then it won't serve the content up correctly.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

pk1209

Post by pk1209 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I did check the client listing and the PS3 was being identified on the right IP as normal, so I ruled that out.

I have since gone back to version 4.4.11 in an effort to resolve the issue, and found that the problem files have started to play again with this version.

Obviously, I don't want to remain on an old version so tonight I'm going to upgrate the install to 5.0.46 with the settings preserved. If the issue comes up again then we'll know it's something in that version. If 5.0.46 works I'll move up to 5.0.61. If I find that a particular version is causing the issue, what information would be useful about the video files which will help you identify the bug?

Cheers

Pete

pk1209

Post by pk1209 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi,

After doing some testing I can confirm that version 5.0.61 has introduced a bug which is stopping a number of my HD media files from playing. After reverting to 5.0.46 all my files are playing properly. Beta 5.0.65 was alos giving me the same problem.

Obviously I'm sure you want to figure out what the issue is, so if I can give you any information about the video files which aren't working in the newer version let me know what you want to know and I'll post it here.

Thanks,

Pete

zmzmzm
AV Hardware:PS3, Roku Soundbridge, XBOX 360

Post by zmzmzm » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:22 pm

I'm having the same problem running media manager 1.2.0.49,,, I think these files used to play, and certainly do with the PS3 Media Server.

I just tried re-installing the current released build but that did not fix it. Any suggestions?