TMS 5.1 Feedback thread

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Georg
AV Hardware:Server: Linkstation Pro (production) with Twonky 6.0.1 +
Linkstation Pro (developer) with Twonky 6.0.23
Clients:
Kathrein UFS 822 (pvr sat receiver, upnp-client?)
Philips TV PFL9604
WD TV Live
Roku Linkstation
Philips WLAN photo frame
TMS 5.1 Feedback thread

Post by Georg » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:15 pm

I just wanted to give feedback to RC6, but that's just been closed. After installing this new version my first impressions are that I don't have to change a lot (anything?). Anyway only those points I can definitely confirm, yet (tested on a Buffalo LS Pro running the jtymod FW).

- RokuSoundbridge (ver 3.0.44) doesn't find TMS 5.1, while TMS shows the device
- Philips PFl9604 doesn't see the TMS 5.1 at all, neither does TMS see the TV.

Both devices work with a parallel 5.0.1 beta on another LS Pro. The first point has already been reported by ThyMaster for RC6, while the testing installation at PacketVideo seems to work. :?:

+ System load is very low - at least in idle state.

At least the RC6 didn't work with the twonkymedia-server-default.ini that worked with the previous 5.1 betas, it simply crashed, same happened when I simply deleted the ini. Only a fresh copy from your zip would work.

EDIT: while I typed the lines above TMS 5.1 crashed. As it didn't have to do anything ... was it that embarrassed about what I just wrote?

EDIT2: The true reason is that it flooded the (small) system partition of the NAS (/var/twonkymedia) despite using
"sudo ./twonkymedia -appdir=/opt/twonky5/ -D &" and setting appdir in the ini-file. I really thought we were through that. I tried it with the -appdata option, now I get those zombie jobs back. Another issue I thought was solved.

--> Switching back to 4.0.x

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: TMS 5.1 Feedback thread

Post by mgillespie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:30 pm

I would do the following:

set your init script to use the -appdata /mnt/myusbhdd commandline. (obviously replace it with your database path).
clean our your /usr/local/twonkymedia directory and download and unzip a fresh one.
delete /var/twonkymedia (it's not needed everything will be put where you specify appdata)
finally edit twonkymedia-server-default.ini and and add a contentbase= so that it points to a directory (not top level) that contains your media directories (you can then add the media directories below this afterwards in the web interface).

Then the start server, see what happens.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:28 pm

I have a question. The Standardize titles (adaptcase) functionality (AKA "the THE filter") that was in V4.x series, and briefly also made it into the 5.1 betas did not make it into the final release.

I found this functionality extremely useful, as large amounts of my media appears in the "T" section under "The..." without it, so I consider it pretty important.

If there are conflicts with other functionality, can we get it back, but disabled by default? So those of use that really want it can switch it on, and those that don't like how it interacts with the ABC navigation can leave it switched off. Once it's issues are resolved, it can be changed to default to on..

Any plans to get it back anytime soon? It's the only regression on the 4.x series for me.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:39 am

Super-poussin has not only built a really cool ReadyNAS addon for 5.0.68, but he has also just built an addon for this latest 5.1 release (with the suggested appdata changes and as with his 5.0 build, an easy way to add new trees). I'll run with his 5.0 build on my main NAS and test 5.1 (plus try to figure out the trees for it) on my test NAS.

I wonder if adaptcase state for 5.1 can be toggled via an RPC call? I'll try that at some point and report back. To be honest, I just used MP3TAG to read all files, arranged by album name to find all the The XYZ ones, then changed them to XYZ, The. It took very little time to do and resolves the issue once and for all. I then did the same for Albumartist (or Artist) apart from The The (I left that as it was) :)

Bri

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:20 pm

One of my friends has just tried to get a Linux spark version of 5.1 going on a ReadyNAS, but it hogged CPU and claimed to be scanning for 8 hours; looks like the Linux sparc version maybe doesn't work. I'll also test this myself (when I get some time) but the super-poussin build of 5.0.68 for ReadyNAS is pretty much perfect, so that's what I'll be recommending ReadyNAS people use for now. I'll put some instructions together and he'll publish it on the ReadyNAS forum once we've totally ensured that all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed (as they say). I'll put a copy of the installaion info in the ReadyNAS section here as well.

Bri :)
Last edited by Briain on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fero
AV Hardware:Dlink NAS DNS-323
Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500

Post by fero » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:01 pm

Today, I successfully installed TMS 5.1 on my Dlink NAS DNS-232. My music/video/photo collection was re-scaned successfully in 5-10 minutes with no performance issues. I was happy :-)

Unfortunatelly I found out that browsing my *.m2ts video files saved from my HD camcorder is not possible with TMS 5.1 on my Sony Bravia TV anymore... It was working perfectly fine with TMS 4.4.17. It dissapointed me because I saw in 5.1 release notes that with cooperation with Sony there were enhancements done for better media browsing experience on Sony TVs...

With using twonky web PC media browser I can browse all m2ts so they are indeed in twonky db, but on Sony Bravia I can only browse my mpeg files (copied from DVDs).

Any idea how to make m2ts browsable with TMS 5.1 on Sony Bravia, please? or I have to return back to old 4.4.17 vesion again... :-(

thanks in advance for any hint.
Fero

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 am

Have you ensured the client device is detected correctly in the clients table in the web configuration page?

clementlo
AV Hardware:Synology 101G+, PlayStation 3

Post by clementlo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:29 am

I just installed TMS 5.1 on my synology DS-101G+...

After install, it does nothing.. I can log in to the web setup page... port 9000... but it doesn't rescan.. it does nothing but just sit there!!!

What the deal? Try reboot, try uninstall and reinstall.. it just sit there!

clementlo

Post by clementlo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:42 am

I am going back to the previous working version...

I can't get this to scan on my Synology... The server start, but it doesn't do the scan.. I try to click on Rebuild Database... but it does nothing... just sit there...

ZeusII
AV Hardware:Synology DS207 fw2.2.914 running TwonkyMedia Server 5.0.68
+ Playstation 3 fw3.0 [gb ethernet]
+ Xbox 360 [WiFi]

Post by ZeusII » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:07 am

yeah, Synology DS207 here, same behaviour with 5.1RC6.

server starts, start scanning (you can see it processing the selected folders in the interface) but after a few seconds it hangs. Process uses no CPU at all, web interface stops working and I can't kill the process. Have to restart the server.

clementlo

Post by clementlo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:18 am

On 101G+ doesn't even start scan.. it just seat there...
Hang..
But I can still access the web setup pages...

fero
Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500

Post by fero » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

mgillespie wrote:Have you ensured the client device is detected correctly in the clients table in the web configuration page?
Hi, yes client device type was detected successfully as Sony Bravia at first connect... I tested it also with other types (manually changed type to eg. DLNA 1.5 certified device, PS3, ...) but without success, m2ts streams are not shown in the list of videos on my Bravia.

Fero,

chrisnasah
AV Hardware:Buffalo Linkstation Pro (LS-XHL)
Sony 32-V5500

Post by chrisnasah » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:21 am

Same here on my synology Ds101g+

Server starts, start scanning (you can see it processing the selected folders in the interface) but after a few seconds it hangs. Process uses no CPU at all, web interface stops working and I can't kill the process.

Strangely even after the restart the server etc i still can access the web interface but odly i lost my access to it via ssh too.

Strange!!!!!!

john.glasson
AV Hardware:Server: Western Digital My Book World Edition White Light
Clients: Zyxel DMA1000, Philips Streamium 1100, Netgear MP101, Pocket Player on WM5 PDA

Post by john.glasson » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:53 pm

Just installed 5.1 final on my Synology DS 101j. Sad to say, there's no change from 5.1 RC6.

Twonky appears to install fine, and from the 'Server status' 'Last database change' can be seen to be scanning the correct Music directory. But the record counters remains at zero, and if I look at /var/twonkeymedia I see that the db file remains at the initial size of 4096.

One improvement: the browser window to Twonky no longer freezes.

John Glasson

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Sounds like the unsupported Synology scripts might be broken. It's always been made clear the NAS builds are "as-is", and it's upto the community to maintain them...

tobias

Post by tobias » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:36 am

Georg wrote: - Philips PFl9604 doesn't see the TMS 5.1 at all, neither does TMS see the TV.
--> Switching back to 4.0.x
Hello Georg,

I just upgraded from TMS 5.0.68 to TMS 5.1 (running on linux).
I have the same issue: my Philips TV PF9731/10 does not see the TMS 5.1 at all. It correctly adds to the client.db (Philips Streamium AV). But within the Philips GUI it is not recognized as UPnP server. This used to work with 5.0.68. So whatever was changed - please have a look. The Philips is my most important media renderer.
I tried logging of the handshake process - but there was no error / warning in the logfile.

On the other hand 5.1 seems to be a big step concerning performance. My whole database was scanned properly in 15 minutes whereas it took 2-3 hours with 5.0.68 (but a different custom tree was used). Very good.

And one other issue I reported is solved with 5.1: with 5.0.68 I was not able to delte server playlists that I created from TMM 1.2. This works now properly.

Pushing / pulling MP3 to my Denon AVR 3808 also works fine with TMM 1.2 and TMS 5.1.

Tobias

rubens16

Post by rubens16 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi,

my TV Philips 42PF9731/10 (FW 0.101.0.0) has no problems to see TMS 5.1.(WIN XP)

But, since TMS 5.0 my TV shows my fotos (jpeg) only as thumbnails.
Now, I think, I found a solution for this issue.

In clients.db is defined:

NA:Philips Streamium AV ;Client Name
HH:Philips-Software-WebClient ;HTTP Header Field of client
XM:PHILIPSSRT ;philips subtitle support
XM:SMALLIDS ;for philips generated object Ids
MT:avi,divx video/x-ms-avi ;
HP:LIVEWITHLENGTH ;HTTP Protokoll needs content length
TR:JPEG138x103,JPEG_HD,MP3,WAV,WMV ;support for this transcoded formats
XM:TRPICSONLY ;only give transcoded picture res elems, and not the original one at all
XM:DLNANO ;do not give DLNA extensions for this client!
DB:FIX

As in TMS 4.4 I have to disable scaling, so Ichanged clients.db to:

NA:Philips Streamium AV ;Client Name
HH:Philips-Software-WebClient ;HTTP Header Field of client
XM:PHILIPSSRT ;philips subtitle support
XM:SMALLIDS ;for philips generated object Ids
MT:avi,divx video/x-ms-avi ;
HP:LIVEWITHLENGTH ;HTTP Protokoll needs content length
TR:JPEG_HD,MP3,WAV,WMV,JPEG138x103 ;support for this transcoded formats
XM:NOTRPICS ;give only original pictures, no transcoded pictures
XM:PHILIPS
XM:DLNANO ;do not give DLNA extensions for this client!
DB:FIX

And now it works fine, like TMS V4.4. :wink:

chrisnasah
AV Hardware:Buffalo Linkstation Pro (LS-XHL)
Sony 32-V5500

Post by chrisnasah » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:13 pm

mgillespie wrote:Sounds like the unsupported Synology scripts might be broken. It's always been made clear the NAS builds are "as-is", and it's upto the community to maintain them...
Any chance of anyone trying to fix this?? Will be good if we could get this working on synology too.

Thanks

tobias

Post by tobias » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:41 pm

rubens16 wrote: But, since TMS 5.0 my TV shows my fotos (jpeg) only as thumbnails.
Now, I think, I found a solution for this issue.
And now it works fine, like TMS V4.4. :wink:
Cool - I had the same issue. I even created a support ticket for this one. But unfortunately I cannot test it with my TMS 5.1 linux since it is still not recognized by the Philips TV (I have the same firmware 0.101.0.0). Could this be a linux only issue?

Georg
Clients:
Philips TV PFL9604
WD TV Live
Roku Linkstation
Philips WLAN photo frame

Post by Georg » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 pm

mgillespie wrote:I would do the following:
You suggest more or less my standard procedure: Start with a clean dir, unzip the new version into it, copy my standard ini into the dir and do a "sudo twonkymedia -d &". Now I've added that -appdata option, also to the ini.

First time I tried it (without appdata), TMS 5.1 started, but I had problems with the TV and the ROKU wasn't found (as in RC6). Then it flooded /var/twonkymedia. I killed the processes, cleaned up var and finally started again with the appdata option. Since then I get zombie jobs. I just started again with a clean dir, unziped TMS 5.1, used the ini from the zip and teh appdata option.
Again zombies, the dir specified in appdata is created and some files are populated, but I can not access the webGUI.

All this running on a Linkstation Pro.... waiting for the next release or another good idea.

clementlo

Post by clementlo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:03 pm

chrisnasah wrote:
mgillespie wrote:Sounds like the unsupported Synology scripts might be broken. It's always been made clear the NAS builds are "as-is", and it's upto the community to maintain them...
Any chance of anyone trying to fix this?? Will be good if we could get this working on synology too.

Thanks
Yes! Please fix it! I been using 4.11 for a long time... Nothing else work... Version 5.0.68 will kill my synology... Now this Version 5.1 doesn't even work!

john.glasson
Clients: Zyxel DMA1000, Philips Streamium 1100, Netgear MP101, Pocket Player on WM5 PDA

TMS 5.1 Feedback thread - Synology owners

Post by john.glasson » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:49 am

I've started a new thread '5.1 on Synology' since there seems to be a specific problem with the 5.1 distribution which affects all Synology owners but is probably of no interest to others!

John Glasson

ZeusII
AV Hardware:Synology DS207 fw2.2.914 running TwonkyMedia Server 5.0.68
+ Playstation 3 fw3.0 [gb ethernet]
+ Xbox 360 [WiFi]

Post by ZeusII » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:40 am

well, It's not only the install scripts, I install twonky without using them, and on the Synology's, the 5.1 just lockups after a few seconds working (during the scan process).

rbueler
AV Hardware:Philips NP2500, Buffalo Linkstation Mini

Post by rbueler » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:39 am

Georg wrote: You suggest more or less my standard procedure: Start with a clean dir, unzip the new version into it, copy my standard ini into the dir and do a "sudo twonkymedia -d &". Now I've added that -appdata option, also to the ini.

First time I tried it (without appdata), TMS 5.1 started, but I had problems with the TV and the ROKU wasn't found (as in RC6). Then it flooded /var/twonkymedia. I killed the processes, cleaned up var and finally started again with the appdata option. Since then I get zombie jobs. I just started again with a clean dir, unziped TMS 5.1, used the ini from the zip and teh appdata option.
Again zombies, the dir specified in appdata is created and some files are populated, but I can not access the webGUI.

All this running on a Linkstation Pro.... waiting for the next release or another good idea.
I have the very same expirience on Linkstation Mini. The server could run one or two times, but since then I always got a "Illegal instruction" during start of twonkymediaserver. It seems that something went wrong when compiling the binaries for Linkstation Pro...

john.glasson

TMS 5.1 final on Synology

Post by john.glasson » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:49 am

Would be useful to know details of any Synology owner who has had success with 'Twonky Media Server 5.1 final' on Synology. This thread and the 'Twonky 5.1 on Synology" thread shows problems on DS 207, DS 107+, DS 101G+ and DS 101j.

I wonder if there's any good news from anyone? If so, it would be useful to know details. If not, may I suggest that the ReadMe files for Synology are updated to warn usres that they may be wasting their time?

pberchum
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-109 with TwonkyMedia server 4.4
Philips 37pfl9604

Post by pberchum » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:58 am

Hello Georg,

My Philips pfl9604 did not see my TMS 4.4 until I used the %HOSTNAME% in the TMS servername field. When I restarted the server after saving this, my TV immediately showed the TMS.

Let me know if this works for TMS 5.1 as well...

Regards
Pepijn

Georg
Clients:
Philips TV PFL9604
WD TV Live
Roku Linkstation
Philips WLAN photo frame

Post by Georg » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:08 pm

I've absolutely no problems with 4.4.18, but as described above 5.1 does not run on my Linkstation Pro. RC6 worked, but the TV didn't see it and the first test with the final showed the same result until /var was flooded. With the appdata option I only get zombies. :(

timg
AV Hardware:Sony KDL-40W5500

Post by timg » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi,

I've recently downloaded 5.1 and installed onto Vista Premium PC to serve media files to my Sony Bravia KDL40W5500 tv.
I can stream music and photos without problem, however my I select Video from the tv xmb menu it lists the photo folders.

I've made sure my video share in TM is set-up correctly.

It's as though the tv is sending a request for photos not video. Anyone able to access video correctly from a bravia?

Thanks

fero
Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500

Post by fero » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:15 pm

timg wrote:Hi,

I've recently downloaded 5.1 and installed onto Vista Premium PC to serve media files to my Sony Bravia KDL40W5500 tv.
I can stream music and photos without problem, however my I select Video from the tv xmb menu it lists the photo folders.

It's as though the tv is sending a request for photos not video. Anyone able to access video correctly from a bravia?

Thanks
Hi,

I have the same model Bravia TV. When I tested TMS 5.1 I was able to stream video, but not all supported formats like with TMS 4.4.18. I didn't experience the problem to see photos only in video menu when using TMS 5.1. I saw videos only as expected but not all formats I need (ripped DVD into mpeg2-ps - OK, AVCHD m2ts files - not ok).

Did you check if your TV was correctly recognized as "Sony Bravia" in client list?

regards,
Fero.

timg
AV Hardware:Sony KDL-40W5500

Post by timg » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi Fero,

Yes, TM has recognised the tv as Sony Bravia.

I'm on the latest firmware for the TV which is PKG1.570EA.

It looks to me that when Video is selected from the XMB the tv is requesting photos instead of videos.
It switch on logging in TM and from what I can tell, it seems to confirm this.

What firmware are you on?

Thanks,

Tim

wulf
AV Hardware:T+A Caruso, Sonos, Buffalo Linkstation Live

Post by wulf » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:36 pm

On Linkstation Live TMS 5.1. ends in a loop after installation. 5.0.68 works well. Hope for a solution to fix the problem.
In my opinion the 5 series is a step back in quality and performance. No radio, no easy custom tree installation and so on.
I now use Twonky only for my T+A Caruso solution, the other streaming client is a Sonos System which works pretty well.
On the other hand I like the Twonky Software, so I hope the stable quality of version 5 will be much better in the future.

Regards, Wulf

john.glasson

TMS 5.1 final working on any NAS?

Post by john.glasson » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am

I'd be interested to know of any NAS where 5.1 final installs and runs without problems. Can anyone give an example? Have any of the NAS vendors who OEM twonky (such as QNAP) rolled it out? Or is the bottom line that 5.1 final only runs on PCs?

John Glasson

san
AV Hardware:WD My Worldbook (WhiteLight Edition)

Post by san » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:43 am

My Western Digital My Book World Edition 1T (Whitelight version) not give problems with 5.1 for stream quality also in wi fi.
The only thing that not work well is the start/pause ff/rw functionality with the mediaplayer client embedded in Samsung Tv (LE46B750 latest firmware).

Version installed is the maxtor unsupported version

twonkymedia-mss2-5.1

john.glasson

QNAP NMP-1000

Post by john.glasson » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:41 am

I see from the QNAP web site that their newly launched NMP-1000 media adaptor uses Twonky as the server; but the pictures show mediaserver 4.4.2 in use. See http://www.qnap.com/pro_features_UPnP.asp

Clearly QNAP don't yet endorse 5.1 (or any variant of version 5).

Or maybe the picture is out of date?

John Glasson

jvernet
AV Hardware:Philipse PFL8404H/MacBook

Post by jvernet » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:26 pm

I've just tested the 5.1 version on MacOsX. Nothing work at all. Blank page instead of config page. My Phips TV (8404H) doesn't see anything...
Nothing in the log. Twonlymedia server launched and running (2 process: twonkymedia et twonkymediaserv).
I will try to let TMS finish ths scan...

Edit: 20 minutes later... It's working. After the scan finished, config page came.
Still have to manually set to Philips Streamium AV, and start TMS after the TV.

kugman
AV Hardware:Asus P6T; Intel i7 920; 12GB DDR-3; Sony Bravia 32W5500 via LAN

Post by kugman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:57 am

timg wrote:Hi,

Thanks
I can only stream MPG videos. My Settings are "transcode Video to MPEG2".
When I convert my Videos to DVD Standard Compliant VOB-Files, I can stream them, too. But I can not stream avi-files.
Hope that it changes.

Wimmelbach
AV Hardware:Windows-PC(XP), Sony Bravia

Post by Wimmelbach » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:22 pm

I just switched from 5.0.68 to 5.1 on my windows PC.
With 5.1 the photos are no more in the right order and TM writes a wrong date to all fotos; with 5.0.68 the order and shown date is correct.
This effect is seen both on my Sony Bravia TV and the Media Browser on the PC (they both show the same date and order). So it looks not to be an issue ofg the TV but the TM server itself.

Has anyone else this problem too, and does anyone know a solution for this?

P.S. Why is the final 5.1 TMS an unsupported version? :(
Andreas

[size=Small](using TMS on a windows PC to use it with Sony Bravia TV)[/size]

ThyMaster

Post by ThyMaster » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:35 am

Wimmelbach wrote:I just switched from 5.0.68 to 5.1 on my windows PC.
With 5.1 the photos are no more in the right order and TM writes a wrong date to all fotos; with 5.0.68 the order and shown date is correct.
This effect is seen both on my Sony Bravia TV and the Media Browser on the PC (they both show the same date and order). So it looks not to be an issue ofg the TV but the TM server itself.

Has anyone else this problem too, and does anyone know a solution for this?

P.S. Why is the final 5.1 TMS an unsupported version? :(
Yes, I do have the same experience with pictures on my PS3 and my Kodak PicFrame.
No, AFAIK there is no solution for this.
The above should explain (apart from loads of other issues and bugs) why it's unsupported ;)

- ThyMaster

schumaku
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-101, TS-209proII, ZyXEL NSA-220, ZyXEL DMA-1000, DMA-1100

Re: QNAP NMP-1000

Post by schumaku » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:25 am

john.glasson wrote:Clearly QNAP don't yet endorse 5.1 (or any variant of version 5). Or maybe the picture is out of date?
Neither one or the other. QNAP TurboStation general availability firmware releases up and including v3.1.1 come with TwonkyMedia Server actual v4.x releases. V5.1 is under test with the public beta firmware v3.2.0 ... but it is still suffering from various issues. Some generic platform independent issues already reported here in the forum, other issues are specific to the advanced NAS features (e.g. TMS 5.1 fails to recognize and handle bonded network interfaces, players are listed twice). Convinced, PV is able to bring V5.x to the quality level expected by QNAP customers soon again.
Looking forward,
-Kurt.

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 am

Sure of it. I'm getting better than 4.x performance out of 5.1 from my NAS-Like Sheevaplug, and if a Linux numpty like myself can do that, then i'm sure NAS manufacturers can.