TwonkyMedia Server hangs when trying to enter network drive

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
TheMoparEnthusiast
AV Hardware:MS Vista Desktop as Server, PS3 as UPnP Client
TwonkyMedia Server hangs when trying to enter network drive

Post by TheMoparEnthusiast » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:29 am

Help, I'm about to uninstall...

I'm trying to get TwonkyMedia Server to share my stored photos, videoclips and itunes music that reside on an mapped network drive. The network share is mapped to drive P:
Whenever I try to enter P: followed by the relevant path or the path in UNC notation (starting with two backslashes) the server either hangs after saving the changes or trying to restart.
I already removed set the TwonkyMedia Server service as manual started service and started the TwonkyMedia Server manually from a specific user account that has all necessary access rights on the network drive. But I always end up with the server hanging. After the Server hangs I am only able to recover by rebooting the system. When I check with the Twonky Media Server after rebooting it loses all settings for shared directories.

Does anybody have an idea?
TIA
Rainer

san
AV Hardware:WD My Worldbook (WhiteLight Edition)

Re: TwonkyMedia Server hangs when trying to enter network drive

Post by san » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:35 pm

what is the OS? Vista? if is Vista you've to create an Administrator Vista account on the pc to solve this type of problems.
To create see on google (it's a prompt dos instruction). An account with administrator rights in same case it s not enough..
Sante

TheMoparEnthusiast
AV Hardware:MS Vista Desktop as Server, PS3 as UPnP Client

Re: TwonkyMedia Server hangs when trying to enter network drive

Post by TheMoparEnthusiast » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:41 am

Hi sante,
san wrote:what is the OS? Vista?

yes, sorry I forgot, tho OS is Vista Home Premium.
san wrote:An account with administrator rights in same case it s not enough..
I might try that, just to verify that it is working, but this is realy not an option. First of all, I do not want to run the computer with the administrator account logged in (for security reasons). Secondly my itunes library is maintained with another user account, so I would need to synch the administrator itunes lib with the other users lib and switch to the adminstrator account in order to listen to music in the living room. All I want is an uncomplicated access to my itunes library from the ps3 in another room.

Is there no other way to get around this problem? After all e.g. ps3 media server performs the trick of accessing the network drive (unfortunately it does not provide access to the itunes library :( )

TIA
Rainer