Grrr frustrated since new Twonky software-help please

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
trellaine
AV Hardware:Xbox360 wired to DIR-655 router, PS3 wirelessly connected, MAC
Grrr frustrated since new Twonky software-help please

Post by trellaine » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:50 am

First off, I am not sure why I had to pay $35cdn as I already paid for the previous version???? Is this a yearly fee?

In any event, I just assumed it was a yearly fee and went ahead on this past weekend and purchased it for $35cdn.

Twonky worked fine before the new software BUT now it's not working at all.

My Xbox360 is showing Twonky BUT when I click on that source, it gives me this error: Can't connect to the PC. A firewall may be blocking the connection.

The older software there was no issue.

Any thoughts or ideas would help?

Thanks in advance. :cry:

san
AV Hardware:WD My Worldbook (WhiteLight Edition)

Re: Grrr frustrated since new Twonky software-help please

Post by san » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:03 pm

probably some cached configuration in xbox o in the server..
try to change the ip address of the xbox or the ip of the server and riconfigure?
Sante

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Grrr frustrated since new Twonky software-help please

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:44 pm

There are no yearly fees for Twonky software. If anyone paid twice as a result of the one day license key issue last weekend, send the details to tmm-beta@pv.com and you will be promptly refunded. Sorry about this.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/