TMS 5.1.1 feedback

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Georg
AV Hardware:Server: Linkstation Pro (production) with Twonky 6.0.1 +
Linkstation Pro (developer) with Twonky 6.0.23
Clients:
Kathrein UFS 822 (pvr sat receiver, upnp-client?)
Philips TV PFL9604
WD TV Live
Roku Linkstation
Philips WLAN photo frame
TMS 5.1.1 feedback

Post by Georg » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:36 pm

OK, time for a first feedback on 5.1.1. Doesn't really fit to Brians thread for the PC version or anything else.
I've it running on an LS Pro, development system since last Thursday.

+) After a restart the complete database shows up within a couple of minutes. Seems to have improved since RC3 when it looked like all the metadata were scanned again.
+) No issues with the Soundbridge, the Philips TV sees the TMS 5.1.1 after adding a proper definition to resources/clients.db
+) Quite stable, though once the server disappeared while watching a movie. The webinterface was still reachable, but on the TV I could only see the server with no nodes (music/pictures/video) below it. Restarting TMS from the webinterface solved the issue. Today the NAS rebooted. I'm not absolutely sure if this was connected to TMS but I can't remember that this happened before.

-) some of my AVI files with MP4 video are missing, others are there, so far I couldn't give a rule what's the common criteria for each group. However it is consistent with "- Due to the updated mpeg and mp4 file parsers there may be some issues adding these files to the database" :(
-) I had that issue of double listed clients again that I already observed with RC3.

Bottom line: So far I'd recommend to wait a bit until the stability issue has been clarified before installing it on a productive system. Further the missing AVI's should be solved. For many this will be a show stopper. Finally the HowTo about defining own views some here have already asked for would be great (Known Issues).

Revision History:

Code: Select all

New in Version 5.1.1:
+ forced autoupdate support for PC versions, currently disabled by default
+ WMDRM support for Win32 is back

Changes:
o Improved file scanner performance
o Improved cgi-jpegscale performance
o Added support ImportResource for DLNA uploads
o Added support for pause/resume for videos on Samsung TVs
o Eliminated WMP11 dependency caused by WMDRM support
o No admin rights needed for tray app anymore (no elevation required on VISTA and Win7)
o Playlist management with TMM is back
o Updated MPEG2 and MP4 parser to enable more DLNA profiles
o Server passes again the CTT tool

Bug fixes:
- fixed: Heavy CPU usage when adding or deleting media files
- fixed: On PS3 the date for pictures does not include time information
- fixed: Cross site scripting vulnarability
- fixed: Some MPEG2 profiles are not correctly identified
- fixed: Playlist not syncing properly after DB rebuild
- fixed: Rebuilding DB deletes all TMM created playlists
- fixed: folder.jpg is case sensistive on linux
- fixed: album art for movies is no longer shown
- fixed: console on MacOS is spammed by "OS does not support evented filesystem" messages
- fixed: Transcoded files are not being cleaned up after original file is removed
- fixed: Metadata is not preserved when upgrading TMM

New clients:
+ Lacie LaCinema HD
+ Orange Music Player
+ Denon S-302
+ Denon AVR-4308
+ Netgear EVA 2000
+ Sagem My Web Tuner 500
+ Sagem My Dual Radio 700
+ Samsung TV
+ Kodak EX-811 (detected, but issues with the navigation)

Known issues:
- On some systems the removable media checkmark may result in trying to share removed/no existing drives
- Some screens of the TMS installer do not show in Japanese
- MediaFusion plugin leaves a zombie process on Linux (but will be removed on next MF plugin start)
- Some contents can not be played on web browse UI as the Browser does not have the right plugin for playback available
- Picasaweb support is experimental and may not show content all the time
- The view configuration mechanism has changed from 5.0 to 5.1. Custom view.xml files need to be updated. We are going to release an updated view configurati
- ID3v2 multi value genre tags are not supported
- Due to the updated mpeg and mp4 file parsers there may be some issues adding these files to the database

mmedia-lev
AV Hardware:Samsung TV
Denon AVR 4306
Linux Homeserver

Re: TMS 5.1.1 feedback

Post by mmedia-lev » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:50 pm

:( I can´t install TMS 5.1.1 on my older linux system. This Version needs the "libstdc++.so.6", on my system "libstdc++.so.5" is available. The previous Version 5.1 could be installed properly. Please compile this Version for older Linux systems, too....

glowrocks
AV Hardware:yes

Post by glowrocks » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:26 am

I have an HP 490. I just installed the 5.1.1 update. Bad idea.

Fair warning to other HP 490 owners. If you install this update, then the Twonky config page (homeserver:9000/config) displays a "Your trial version has expired" message and presents an input box for a serial number.

I don't have a serial number.

I wish the install process had checked to see if my system would still work after upgrading.

The odd thing is I haven't yet figured out what, if anything, isn't working as a result of the "expired" trial.

I also am not sure what to do next; any ideas?

thanks!!

joergnapp
AV Hardware:NSLU2
Soundbridge Home
IPdio mini pro

Post by joergnapp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:35 am

mmedia-lev wrote::( I can´t install TMS 5.1.1 on my older linux system. This Version needs the "libstdc++.so.6", on my system "libstdc++.so.5" is available. The previous Version 5.1 could be installed properly. Please compile this Version for older Linux systems, too....
The same is true with some NAS builds, like the NSLU.

cds
AV Hardware:openfiler NAS on ATOM
Noxon M520
Noxon IRadio
Philips SLA5520

Post by cds » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:47 pm

On Openfiler it runs as bad as the RC3.
After a short while the CPU-load goes to 100% and stays there. Webinterface is not working at all (Did in RC3).
The .sh installer package does not work: Error about wrong CRC. (This worked with the RC3 installer)

5.0.68 works just fine on the same system.

stianhaugli
AV Hardware:Linkstation II (Mipsel), twonky 5.1.x, Kiss 1600

Post by stianhaugli » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:23 am

:( I can´t install TMS 5.1.1 on my older linux system. This Version needs the "libstdc++.so.6", on my system "libstdc++.so.5" is available. The previous Version 5.1 could be installed properly. Please compile this Version for older Linux systems, too....
Same problem here on Linkstation II (mipsel) with openlink. Tried installing twonky MS 5.1.2 today.
Also tried the synology binary suggested on the download page. but of course it didnt work on mipsel.

Twonky. Please include the missing libs in the binaries. Please.