Philips clients sometimes cannot connect to TMS

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
epplh
AV Hardware:UPnP server:
WD MyBook World Edition WDH1NC wirth Twonky Media Server 5.1
PC with Windows XP and WMP 11
UPnP Clients:
Philips Flat-TV 32PFL9604H DLNA
Philips Streamium NP2500
Philips clients sometimes cannot connect to TMS

Post by epplh » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:45 am

Hello TwonkyForum,

since two days I have established a DLNA home network with two philips clients (Flat-TV 32PFL9604 and music streaming client Streamium NP2500) and two servers (first: PC with XP Home SP3 and Windows Media Player 11, second: WD MyBook WDH1NC with TwonkyMediaServer 5.1. TwonkyMediaServer 5.1 came with the newest NAS firmware upgrade).

The WD-NAS has a fix IP-adress 192.168.2.212 while the other devices use the DHCP-server of my router (SMC Barricade SMC2804wbr_v.2) which distributes adresses from 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.199.

Now from time to time the clients cannot find the TwonkyServer on the NAS. They don't loose a streaming connection, but sometimes they have problems to connect after power-up or to re-connect after playing internet radio or tv programs. During the searching-for-servers-loop, they don't succeed in finding the WD MyBook. In contrast to this, they always find the Windows Media Server, when the PC is running.

By the way, it doesn't matter whether the PC with WMP11 is running or not, same behaviour of the clients in both cases.

What helps ?
I found out, that two actions help: first, unplugging and replugging the ethernet cable of the clients helps and second resetting the list of media receivers in the TwonkyMediaServer helps, which in fact is restarting the server.

But this is not really satisfying. Are there any configuration settings for the TMS or perhaps for the router which solve the problem as well ?

Best regards from germany

Heinz

HaSch
AV Hardware:MacBook Pro
ReadyNas Duo
Streamium NP2500

Re: Philips clients sometimes cannot connect to TMS

Post by HaSch » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Hello Heinz,

did you solved your problem? I have a similar one using ReadyNas Duo running TMS 5.1.2 and streaming to a Streamium NP2500. After restarting the ReadyNas, my NP2500 find the TMS only one time. Another Server running on the ReadyNas can be found reliably.

Hans

epplh
UPnP Clients:
Philips Streamium NP2500

Post by epplh » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Hello Hans,

it is not so often with NP2500 in my case, perhaps once in a week. By the way, its more often with my flat-tv. I accustomed myself to restart the twonky server then or to reset the list of media receivers, which in fact is the same.

best regards

Heinz

RG1
AV Hardware:Philips Streamium WAC 7500
Philips Streamium WAS 7500
Philips Streamium WAC 6050
Philips Streamium NP 2900

Post by RG1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:48 am

Hi,

I had some difficulties with NP2900 and Twonky on a NAS also. NP could find the server only immediatly after restarting Twonky. After putting IP of eth0 in twonky config file everyting was fine. In default config Twonky uses all available network interfaces (incl. loopback 127.0.0.0). The server sends broadcast with same server name and different IP's and this confuses the NP. You can check the IP used by twonky in the webinterface (http://yourIP:9000).

epplh
UPnP Clients:
Philips Streamium NP2500

Post by epplh » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:30 am

Hello RG1,

in my case there are two network interfaces shown in the TMS server status page.To follow your advice, I should switch off the 127.0.0.1. But I cannot find the setting in the config web pages and I cannot find the ini file on my NAS WD MyBook World Edition. It seems to be hidden.

Best regards

Heinz

maikm1974
AV Hardware:Philips TV 46PFL9704H/12
QNAP TS 259

Post by maikm1974 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Dear all,

I have the same Problem like the other guys.

I was buying a Philips TV and my Nas was not connected. I don't see any mac address whit connection from my tv when i choice and start search my pc.

This is absolutely strange because all other devices has a connection whit out problem. Also the media server is DLNA certified like the tv.

My network components are high quality from cisco. also firewall ore IPS is no Problem because the PS3 what is near by and also connected over WLAN can work whit out big Problems.

Has some one a Idea more ???

Greetings

Maik

RG1
AV Hardware:Philips Streamium WAC 7500
Philips Streamium WAS 7500
Philips Streamium WAC 6050
Philips Streamium NP 2900

Post by RG1 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi Heinz,

you can set the ip of your twonky server by using your web browser. To set a single config property you can use: "http://your_ip:9000/rpc/set_option?[ini property name]=[value]" to get a single config property "http://your_ip:9000/rpc/get_option?[ini property name]". Ini property name is ip - so to change the ip of your twonky server you can use "http://your_ip:9000/rpc/set_option?ip=your_ip".

epplh
UPnP Clients:
Philips Streamium NP2500

Post by epplh » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:47 am

Hi RG1,

setting the ip property to a single ip solved the problem completely. Thank you for the hint. By the way, is there any reference for all the rpc settings.

Best regards from germany

Heinz