Twonky Web Interface just sits there doing nothing?

Linux and UNIX specific discussions
probedb
AV Hardware:PS3
Twonky Web Interface just sits there doing nothing?

Post by probedb » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi folks,

I keep occasionally getting this with Twonky.

I go to http://192.168.1.2:9000/config and the page just sits. I just upgraded to 5.1.2 hoping it'd fix the problem but it doesn't seem to have.

I'm on Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic) and followed the same install instructions as always.

I can't find any logs to see if I can figure it out.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
Paul.

jokerx79
AV Hardware:Opensuse 10.1 + Twonky Media Server & PS3

Re: Twonky Web Interface just sits there doing nothing?

Post by jokerx79 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:38 am

i just got the same problem,

eveything worked normal on 5.0.68. now i wanted to try the transcoding (bought a ps3) and updated my tms. it seems to start, pid file is there, proces is running but no media server can be found with the ps3, also the webinterface reports: page not found. i "downgraded" everything again and it works again. also found nothing interesting in the logs.

my system opensuse 10.2

hope somebody will find a workaround

cheers

probedb

Post by probedb » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:25 am

That's not the issue I have.

The server works, serves files, is updating itself however most of the time I can't actually access the web interface because it just sits there. Never 404s or anything, just never returns the pages.

Also noticed it seems to pick up default shares of everything on the computer that I can't remember as it's not listed.

Oh well downgrading to Ubuntu 8.04 soon and we'll see what happens :)

probedb

Post by probedb » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:10 am

Lol, it's nice to see these forums are as well supported as they used to be :roll:

Anyways, I scrapped my system and rebuilt it and all is fine now.

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Post by PeeBee » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:09 pm

After months of running fine I had an issue with the config page the other day where the header and menu column would show but not the centre content frame - the page is made up of 3 frames.

In the end I found that clicking the Compatability View button in IE8 solved the problem, but clicking it back off again didn't bring the problem back. This only worked temporarily and I had to keep messing with this option to get the content frame to display. Adding my server's IP address to the Local Intranet zone for IE and setting the IE option to automatically detect intranet traffic has given a permanent fix, though.

But you're using Ubuntu so probably don't use IE! :shock: Shows that it could be a browser problem and not always TMS's fault.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

probedb

Post by probedb » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Just for info I found the root of all my problems (was affecting mysql as well). I had no local loopback defined so have added and all is well again :)