Cannot Change Media Feed Changes

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
vbbr
AV Hardware:Something
Cannot Change Media Feed Changes

Post by vbbr » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi,
I have installed a trial version of Twonky Media Server, but when I try to change the settings for YouTube etc, and Save the changes, they do not seem to take affect. Upon checking the settings again, they are set on default values. Is this a bug or a limitation of trial version ? Is anyone else having the same issues ? I am using a PPC G4 mac.
Thanks

MikeP

Re: Cannot Change Media Feed Changes

Post by MikeP » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Same thing on my side - w/ Win7/64 and a registered TMS version (6.0.37) though...
How is this supposed to work?

Cheers
Mike

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:59 am

This used to only work with non-trial versions of TwonkyServer. I'll ask someone to look into why this isn't working on licensed versions. For some strange reason, rebuilding the database used to help on some issues like this, you might want to try that in the meantime.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:02 pm

We tested this on one of our machines and it's working. We reduced our genre feeds down to 2 (Top Rated and Most Viewd) from 4 and after rebuilding the database see only 2 correct genres. Tested on a PC and the web server settings page.

Make sure you rebuild the database after making changes.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/