Superuser Rights?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
spgoodman
AV Hardware:WD Mybook 2TB.
Superuser Rights?

Post by spgoodman » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi all,

I've got Twonky running on our WD MyBook II (2TB), and have a problem regarding rights settings from mp3 files that I cannot seem to modify. The files-in-question came from a friend who, while he stayed with us, plugged his iPod into our LAN to play some music files over the Xbox - it didn't work - and then left me with some 'gifts' in the form of some poorly-encoded mp3s which I wanted to delete.

Thing is, you can't delete, rename, or otherwise modify the files, as they are apparently 'owned' by someone by the name of 'Unix user\507'. I attempted to rename the entire folder ("Goats Head Soup") but it gave me the same error message about not having rights to do so; and something ended up renaming the folder to 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'. After this I could rename the folder but not delete it, and all files still there, still owned by 'Unix user\507'. I already had my own CD of the album, and so used Windows Media Player 11 to re-rip them to the same folderI figured out that it wasn't Twonky - I don't think - that was at fault here; all files including the new ripped mp3s are now 'owned' by this user\507. I attempted to shut down Twonky but cannot find out where to do so. Multiple ad/virus scans show nothing.

Any suggestions would be useful. Thanks in advance!
Stephen Goodman

DaemonBeetle
AV Hardware:Plex Media Server, Samsung Smart TV (2009 and 2013)

Re: Superuser Rights?

Post by DaemonBeetle » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:10 pm

You probably want to take this to the WD forums, since your problem is entirely with the WD product and is nothing to do with Twonky.
No longer running Twonky