TwonkyServer 5.1.5 Released

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.
TwonkyServer 5.1.5 Released

Post by mgillespie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:56 am

http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/5.1.5/

Release notes for TMS 5.1.5
----------------------------

Changes:
o Add autodetection support for WMP11 when it is in player only mode
o No longer starting ssdp server on local interface by default (Linux,Mac OS)
o Added new client adaptation for Philips TVs
o Improved interoperability to Smasung TV when streaming NTSC MPEG or MKV files

Bug fixes:

- fixed: iTunes playlist import broken on Linux builds
- fixed: Wrong "dc:date" values when the timezone offset from UTC is negative
- fixed: That large files (> 2GB) not supported on Linux platforms
- fixed: Twonky prevents HDD from going into standby/sleep on NAS
- fixed: AAC scanner crashes on 64 bit Linux build
- fixed: Windows installer fails to install upgrade if "Removable Media Support" is enabled
- fixed: UCS/Latin1-based fonts starting from 0x00A0 not displayed correctly from ID3 tags
- fixed: Server restarts automatically when language is changed
- fixed: Pause not working on Samsung TV for mkv files
- fixed: TMS hangs on files with extended characters in name
- fixed: TMS device description XML not compliant with WLK tests
- fixed: TwonkyMedia server 5.1.4 crashes when scanning certian mp4 files
- fixed: Navigation tree not properly updated when changing metadata
- fixed: Minor improvements on MP4 scanner
- fixed: Some OGG audio files have 00:00 Time length
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

DaemonBeetle
AV Hardware:Plex Media Server, Samsung Smart TV (2009 and 2013)

Re: TwonkyServer 5.1.5 Released

Post by DaemonBeetle » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 pm

First release to work with my Samsung B650 without problems - even reports the right length of the MKV files.

Also, the first since 5.1.2 to find new files without having to restart.
No longer running Twonky

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi

The below observations relate to my collection which comprises 14 test jpgs and 26,000 FLAC files:

Summary:

1. Last played and most played not working (FLAC files)
2. Database rebuild button works, but new database isn't built (content rescan button works)
3. Database rescanned at boot time (media not shown so almost looks like a db rebuild, but it is faster)
4. Initial db build; scan halts at db/9_temp_playlist.wpl (restart fixes)

Details:

Trying ReadyNAS version with custom trees and I've just noticed that with playlists, recently added works fine, but last played and most played seem to not contain any information at all. This was on a NAS (with custom trees) but I've also tested this on the Windows version (standard trees and custom trees) and it's happening on that one too. I don't use playlists, so I don't have any pre-written ones to fully test whether they are picked up and usable. I did fine some old m3u files (now pointing to nowhere) and they were displayed okay, so I think pre-written ones might still work. Using the same trees (both custom and standard) the last played and most played both work in 5.1.4, so this looks like a 5.1.5 new bug.

I noticed that the database rebuild button still seems broken on the Linux sparc (ReadyNAS) version. It deletes the old, but you have to use the rescan to build the new. The database rebuild button last correctly worked with 5.1.3 (on my ReadyNAS) and is also broken with 5.1.4-RC2 on my Qnap (TS-659) so I think the problem might either be generic to 5.1.4 and 5.1.5 Linux versions, or it could simply an indication that the scanner in 5.1.4 and 5.1.5 is more 'fragile' than it was with 5.1.3, or it could be that Twonky is momentarily crashing after hitting the rebuild button and re-starting; it does look a bit like the latter as 5.1.4/5.1.5 takes a lot longer to restart than it used to after hitting the rebuild button in 5.1.3.

I notice that it also still seems to rescan the content directories when Twonky is restarted; this has happened with all versions of 5.1 I've yet used on my ReadyNAS and also all the ones that have been bundled (officially) with the Qnap.

I'm also noticing a tendency for it to build the database (initial build only) and occasionally stick at creating /db/9_temp_playlist.wpl towards the end of the first database build (this happens with 5.1.4 too; again, it never happened with 5.1.3). It doesn't seem to impact on anything (CPU use still low) and all seems okay, so not a real issue as such, but it does look like this is the scanner crashing just before it finishes the job (same as 5.1.4 so certainly no worse than it was before). As I say, a restart (and automatic rescan) fixes that and it's actually a lot happier (and over 20% faster) on this second rescan, so I'm not at all worried about it.

It does seem a lot better than 5.1.4 did in that it is faster when navigating the menu system with large collections and custom trees. I can't imagine why that it, but it's a nice find.

Bri
Last edited by Briain on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jojo.larfeu
AV Hardware:DLink DNS-323
PS3

Post by jojo.larfeu » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi everybody,

I use TMS 5.1.2 on my NAS (D-Link DNS 323).
I watch movies and listen to mp3 on my PS3.

I set the "rescan in minutes" setting to 0 (I want to perform the update manually).

I have tried to update TMS on versions 5.1.3 and 5.1.4, but with these 2 versions TMS rescanned very often all the directories... My NAS was always working.

So I went back to 5.1.2 and now TMS just scans the directories when I want.

Do you think this problem will be corrected in 5.1.5 ? (maybe with "Twonky prevents HDD from going into standby/sleep on NAS"...)

Thank you for answer. If no one know, I will try it !

Edit :
After tests : yes this problem is solved. If someone else have this problem, I can tell you that everything works fine now and that the hard drives of DNS-323 can sleep now !